TS2: Nightlife... ETA?

Does anyone have an ETA on Nightlife? Is it due in fall or late
summer? Any specific mentioned dates? :)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> Does anyone have an ETA on Nightlife? Is it due in fall or late
> summer? Any specific mentioned dates? :)

That's what I've heard: late summer/early fall.

Why don't we start a pool to see if we can guess the release date. I'll
say Sept. 15th.

--
--Cuth

"Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>> Does anyone have an ETA on Nightlife?
>
> http://amazon.com says 13th Sept
> http://amazon.co.uk says 18th Nov
>
> Amazon are usually right - at least in the UK, it probably wont change
> much from that.
..
A week after the US again? Lor. A week of reading drooling posts and turning
green with envy.
No.. No. Think positively. A week to let other people discover the quirks.
I like it. 8)

Granny.

> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>> Does anyone have an ETA on Nightlife? Is it due in fall or late
>> summer? Any specific mentioned dates? :)
>
> That's what I've heard: late summer/early fall.
>
> Why don't we start a pool to see if we can guess the release date. I'll
> say Sept. 15th.

Nope, you're wrong. It will be there September 17 because that's my birthday
:)

Yvette

Yvette Hoitink wrote:
> "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
>>Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone have an ETA on Nightlife? Is it due in fall or late
>>>summer? Any specific mentioned dates? :)
>>
>>That's what I've heard: late summer/early fall.
>>
>>Why don't we start a pool to see if we can guess the release date. I'll
>>say Sept. 15th.
>

> Nope, you're wrong. It will be there September 17 because that's my birthday
> :)

Yes, but Sept. 15th is Bella Goth's birthday.

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Yvette Hoitink wrote:
>
>> "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in
>> message news:42A880FC.4000307@earthlink.net...

>>> That's what I've heard: late summer/early fall.
>>>
>>> Why don't we start a pool to see if we can guess the release date.
>>> I'll say Sept. 15th.
>>

>> Nope, you're wrong. It will be there September 17 because that's my
>> birthday :)
>

> Yes, but Sept. 15th is Bella Goth's birthday.

New software comes out on Tuesdays. Try the 13th or the 20th.

Hell, should we start a pool? LOL

-georg

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:13:50 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>New software comes out on Tuesdays. Try the 13th or the 20th.
>
>Hell, should we start a pool? LOL

Which will you take? :p I'll take July 15.

You're an optimist.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Guardian Pegasus"
<Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
in message news:hc3ha1t7tvneb45ph6294m04qk81c09tu4@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:13:50 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >New software comes out on Tuesdays. Try the 13th or the 20th.
> >
> >Hell, should we start a pool? LOL
>
> Which will you take? :p I'll take July 15.

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:42:21 GMT, "Maxon"
<jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>You're an optimist.

To a fault :)

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:46:27 GMT, "Will Bradshaw"
<spam@beasolutions.com> wrote:

>Amazon are usually right - at least in the UK, it probably wont change much
>from that.

Mid november seems unlikely... Maxis are said to be ahead of schedule.

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 19:16:52 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
<marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>> http://amazon.com says 13th Sept
>> http://amazon.co.uk says 18th Nov
>>
>> Amazon are usually right - at least in the UK, it probably wont change
>> much from that.
>.
>A week after the US again? Lor. A week of reading drooling posts and turning
>green with envy.
>No.. No. Think positively. A week to let other people discover the quirks.
>I like it. 8)

Try two months and a week! LOL.. it has to be wrong...

in message news:5i8ha1571kr4jnj0ub2a3jeb7lh35lis50@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 19:16:52 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
> <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>> http://amazon.com says 13th Sept
>>> http://amazon.co.uk says 18th Nov
>>>
>>> Amazon are usually right - at least in the UK, it probably wont change
>>> much from that.
>>.
>>A week after the US again? Lor. A week of reading drooling posts and
>>turning
>>green with envy.
>>No.. No. Think positively. A week to let other people discover the quirks.
>>I like it. 8)
>
> Try two months and a week! LOL.. it has to be wrong...

ERK! Not only I carnt spel, I carnt not reed neyther.

Granny.

georg wrote:

> New software comes out on Tuesdays. Try the 13th or the 20th.
>
> Hell, should we start a pool? LOL

Why Tuesdays?

--
--Cuth

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 22:00:09 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
<marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>> Try two months and a week! LOL.. it has to be wrong...
>
>ERK! Not only I carnt spel, I carnt not reed neyther.

S'ok, Gammy! Them thar intergalactic awien warmit gone told me da name
o da next EP gone bee SIM FARM! We's saved!

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> georg wrote:
>
>> New software comes out on Tuesdays. Try the 13th or the 20th.
>>
>> Hell, should we start a pool? LOL
>

> Why Tuesdays?

I dunno. It just does, 98% of the time.

-georg

in message news:i8fha19i1tclt0958gk9le8uifkg6a4mcj@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 22:00:09 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
> <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>> Try two months and a week! LOL.. it has to be wrong...
>>
>>ERK! Not only I carnt spel, I carnt not reed neyther.
>
> S'ok, Gammy! Them thar intergalactic awien warmit gone told me da name
> o da next EP gone bee SIM FARM! We's saved!

You might be, but it does not fill my heart with joy.
Are they really intending to include a farm? How will it be incorporated, I
wonder?
If a Sim can own a farm, then we will be building them like crazy to find
out how it works and the neighbourhood will be rife with cock-a-doodle, or,
perish the thought, a holiday down on the farm?
<Shudder>
Ah well. Wait and see. We have to get Nightlife under our belts first.

Granny.

I think this is wild speculation coupled with wishful thinking Granny.
Don't panic.

Best wishes
Maxon

>I think this is wild speculation coupled with wishful thinking Granny.
> Don't panic.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

Thank 'ee kindly, me dear.
I was speculating on the differences in tastes and wants and what we would
think 'fun' to play, and while I was a-trudging up the hill (cor blimey, it
gets steeper every day) decided that what I would like to see is a Sim
Symphony Orchestra. FULL orchestra with a pipe-organ and all, and Sims could
pick an instrument and practice then go off to rehearsals.and make with a
cheerful - if discordant - noise.

Marks awarded on how many oranges or squashy tomatoes the audience didn;t
throw. They could start off with easy things that doesn't matter if you play
an odd bum note like Bolero, and end up with... Ooooh. The 1812, complete
with canons - for to bring the house down.

I came home and described this to the man with much arm-waving and many
sound effects. He thinks I have gone potty.
I think it would make a jolly good stand-alone Sim game, but hell to
program.
He said it's the Portsmouth Symphony Orchestra.

GG.

> >I think this is wild speculation coupled with wishful thinking Granny.
> > Don't panic.
> >
> > Best wishes
> > Maxon
>
> Thank 'ee kindly, me dear.
> I was speculating on the differences in tastes and wants and what we would
> think 'fun' to play, and while I was a-trudging up the hill (cor blimey,
it
> gets steeper every day) decided that what I would like to see is a Sim
> Symphony Orchestra. FULL orchestra with a pipe-organ and all, and Sims
could
> pick an instrument and practice then go off to rehearsals.and make with a
> cheerful - if discordant - noise.

I fancied a String Quartet in Sims 1 - using the bubble blower as a base but
I didn't get far with the animations. I had the music lined up and
everything. But I have to say the thought of a Simphony Orchestra makes me
cringe mainly because I'll want to conduct and will get upset if they use
the wrong edition of the music (I'll be following the score) and make too
many mistakes (you should see me on a podium, I'm an ace shot with a baton).
It's a nice idea for a builder's EP though - think of the concert halls we
could build. I have aspirations to build Institutes of Art and
Conservatoires, you know, and maybe even schools of architecture (the one at
Manchester is a concrete bunker - must have been built in the 60s).
However, I don't think it would do me good to cross my professional life
with play time. Oh no, there'll be tears before bedtime.

> Marks awarded on how many oranges or squashy tomatoes the audience didn;t
> throw. They could start off with easy things that doesn't matter if you
play
> an odd bum note like Bolero, and end up with... Ooooh. The 1812, complete
> with canons - for to bring the house down.
>
> I came home and described this to the man with much arm-waving and many
> sound effects. He thinks I have gone potty.
> I think it would make a jolly good stand-alone Sim game, but hell to
> program.
> He said it's the Portsmouth Symphony Orchestra.

Even in that I suggest you play triangle.

That is the one where everyone plays their second instrument, isn't it? For
me that would be trombone, if I can remember which way round it goes.
Completely hysterical.

Best wishes
Maxon

> I fancied a String Quartet in Sims 1 - using the bubble blower as a base
> but
> I didn't get far with the animations. I had the music lined up and
> everything. But I have to say the thought of a Simphony Orchestra makes
> me
> cringe mainly because I'll want to conduct

Well, naturally. That would be the controlling Sim, surely?

and will get upset if they use
> the wrong edition of the music (I'll be following the score) and make too
> many mistakes

Ah, there you go. There would be a read score to digital sound option, of
course, and depending on how good the player is it introduces random
mistakes. As long as the score could be scanned, then you can listen to
whatever you like.... <bounce, bounce>

>(you should see me on a podium, I'm an ace shot with a baton).

Why do I have a vision of a second Beecham in my mind?

> It's a nice idea for a builder's EP though - think of the concert halls we
> could build.

Oh nuts to the building, it's the orchestra which has caught my fancy. It
could start off as a trio, and develop up to Wagnerian proportions. Oh, OH!
Sim RING!

I have aspirations to build Institutes of Art and
> Conservatoires, you know, and maybe even schools of architecture (the one
> at
> Manchester is a concrete bunker - must have been built in the 60s).

Oh, I don;t know. It does have windows. 8)
I have to admit to a rather perverse and unpopular liking for concrete. I
enjoy the flat planes and strange angles.
Birmingham has a lovely library that everyone hates. An upside-down
pyramidish shape. I like it. They stuck an extremely ugly modern glass hotel
right in front of it. Disgusting.

> However, I don't think it would do me good to cross my professional life
> with play time. Oh no, there'll be tears before bedtime.

Okay, you are ecuxsed. Excused, as well.

>> He said it's the Portsmouth Symphony Orchestra.
>
> Even in that I suggest you play triangle.
>
> That is the one where everyone plays their second instrument, isn't it?

Yes, and enthusiastic hammer-chewers.

>For
> me that would be trombone, if I can remember which way round it goes.

You put the narrow end in your mouth, dear.

> Completely hysterical.

Florence Foster Jenkins. Her spirit is alive and well and yowling.

Granny.

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:04:03 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
<marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Ah well. Wait and see. We have to get Nightlife under our belts first.

Sorry to get you all pumped up, It was a hick joke *lol* I don't think
we'll know what comes next until Nightlife is released :)

"Guardian Pegasus"
<Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
in message

>>Ah well. Wait and see. We have to get Nightlife under our belts first.
>
> Sorry to get you all pumped up, It was a hick joke *lol* I don't think
> we'll know what comes next until Nightlife is released :)

Now had someone mentioned a clinic/hospital I would have been delirious with
glee.

Granny -

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:25:59 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
<marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Now had someone mentioned a clinic/hospital I would have been delirious with
>glee.

Not a bad idea but... what on earth would people do there? :)

Oh right, your George Clooney obsession :p

in message news:dscja1lec6h7r0e5ujve48kfkpmq4cjrm7@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:25:59 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
> <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Now had someone mentioned a clinic/hospital I would have been delirious
>>with
>>glee.
>
> Not a bad idea but... what on earth would people do there? :)

Suffer >8^)

> Oh right, your George Clooney obsession :p

WHAT?!!!! Not me, honest!

Granny.