qaslam

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
I purchased Asus striker from USA through eBay.com, which was having manufacturing defect and could not perform any display.I contacted asus and eBay.com but both didn't help so the board was wasted.
Anyway i want to purchase a new ,please advise me which one should i buy .My other components are;-
OCZ PC3 12800-1600 DDR3 XMP Edition memory, OCZ MODXSTREAM-PRO 700 W Power supply, Nvidia xfx geforce 9800gtx+ G.Card,500 GB 32 MB sata WD HD,Thermal take mid tower case.

Ahh. I've got that exact same CPU and similar RAM with an Asus P5E3 Pro, and for the price (about $100 less than the Striker II) couldn't be happier with the results. It supports everything you've got, the one drawback being that it doesn't do SLI, only Crossfire. So if you're planning on adding multiple nvidia cards at some point, you may want a different board. But if you stay with a single nvidia card, or switch to ATI card(s) for your next upgrade, it should be fine for you.

As far as a board that supports a Q9550, DDR3-1600, AND SLI, the Striker honestly looked like a pretty good choice, except that it was broken.