Need a graphics card

G

I recently bought a new desktop on a budget having read on the display that the graphics card was a GeForce 8200 running at 1024MB, I believed this and didn't think to question it and proceeded to buy Empire Total War and ARMA II which are both so slow as to be almost unplayable.
When I tried to update my drivers Nvidia told me I had a GeForce 9200 and yougamers.com marked this at 256MB or less.
Obviously feeling pretty hacked off both with myself for not researching better and at the shop for misinforming me, can anyone suggest a cheapish card that might be able to run both of these games to a decent standard.
So far i've been taken by a BFG 9500 for £50 on Amazon, is this any good?
Help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers

G

Ok, the CPU is an AMD Phenom 9100e quad core which i think runs at 1.8ghz, I have 4Gb DDR RAM. I don't know what the power supply would be and I run it through a 26" Samsung LCD TV insted of a monitor.
Thanks for the answers!

G

Sorry, I was just about to edit that post. It's an Aspire x3200

boulard83

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
OUCH this Acer thing only have a 220W PSU ....

Acer.com X3200

Well you cant really go anywhere with this. The better card this can power is a 9500gt/9600gso but this PSU gona get hot and this is going to reduce its lifespan.

PLUS you CPU is ... SLOW. NM if its a quad, 1.8ghz is slow. If you think of gaming with this youll need to upgrade few parts. ( PSU/CPU/GPU )

have fun !

TRENDING THREADS