Sign in with
Your question

GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L Help

Last response: in Motherboards
December 30, 2009 3:04:34 PM

My New Motherboard is coming,and i would like to ask some questions.
It will have 3 x 1 GB ram G-Skill F3(1600mhz),and an intel core 2 duo e4500 @2,20ghz.
The main question is,Will the CPU be able to Boot up,because i was using it on a ddr2 corsair valueselect 2 x 2gb 667mhz
Motherboard only supports ddr3,so i had to give 200euros to buy some ddr3.
The Second question is,How much can i overclock the CPU With The Stock Cooling System?
Some friends say maximum possible at stock is 2,64 ghz with a FSB of 240 and the standar 11x multiplier.
PS:Sorry if misposted something,this is my first post here :bounce: 

More about : gigabyte ep43t ud3l

a c 216 V Motherboard
December 30, 2009 8:43:08 PM

The E4500 can be overclocked much higher than that using the stock cooler.

What I can't figure out is why you bought a socket 775 DDR3 compatible motherboard and a triple channel kit instead of a dual channel kit.
a c 177 V Motherboard
December 30, 2009 10:22:36 PM

Three sticks of RAM is a bad idea on anything but a 1366... The stock Intel cooler is marginal at best, and designed for rated speed with all the 'green' stuff activated to keep the heat load low - but, with any other cooler, all Intels will go a 'step up' in FSB (i.e., from rated 800 FSB to 1066, from 1066 to 1333, or from 1333 to 1600) with a marginal, safe voltage increase... I just finished up a build for a 'buddy of a buddy', used a lowly Celeron 1400, and got 3GHz out of it with no real effort!
Related resources
a c 216 V Motherboard
December 30, 2009 10:28:45 PM

I assembled a PC using a retail E4500. It has been running at an FSB of 290 for a couple years and it never overheated.
December 31, 2009 10:57:42 AM

So,guys,give me a tip!
If i want this overclock for 24/7(or just every time u boot up pc)will the temps stay low?
And,i am a noob at choosing ram etc,but why triple channel isn't a good idea?
I would be really happy even at 2,50 ghz with just low temps.
I also don't know why,but at cpuz the main speed is 1200mhz,and only if a am using a program it goes at 2200mhz.
Is this a bug or something?
a c 177 V Motherboard
December 31, 2009 1:49:46 PM

The P45 northbridge doesn't support triple channel - only the X58's can do it...

You can try to OC with the stock cooler - the thing to do is dl a couple tools:
Prime 95
http://mersenneforum.org/gimps/p95v2511.zip (32-bit version)
http://mersenneforum.org/gimps/p64v2511.zip (64-bit version)
will 'load up' your processor to let you see what the temps will do at 100% core useage...
and CoreTemp
http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/CoreTemp32.zip (32-bit version)
http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/CoreTemp64.zip (64-bit version)
to see where your temps go...

Most people like to keep cores below, say, 60°C, but the 4500 is spec'd to a tad over 73° - I usually set my overrides to 70...

That 4500 will likely do 2.93GHz without breathing hard, just by bumping the voltage a tad, and the FSB from rated 800 to 1066 - if you need 'em, I can give you a full set of BIOS parameters to do it...

Quote:
I also don't know why,but at cpuz the main speed is 1200mhz,and only if a am using a program it goes at 2200mhz.
Is this a bug or something?

Your processor supports a number of features that are designed to lower energy consumption (saves batteries in portables, keeps temps low) that 'manipulate' the clocking to lower it when cores are underutilized, and crank it back up when they sense demand - these features, for the main part, do not get along well with overclocking, and need to be disabled if you're gonna 'crank it'...
December 31, 2009 4:00:13 PM

OK,at core temp it says
low 34 celsium
high 62
and as i saw,the average while running at 100% was 59-60 degrees!
a c 177 V Motherboard
January 1, 2010 1:22:31 AM

That sounds 'livable'; you have to realize that, under normal circumstances, your machine will never see 100% loading of all its cores for even a minor fraction of its operating life; about the only common activity that will come close is transcoding video with a multi-threaded CODEC...
January 5, 2010 12:32:08 PM

Guys,i have set up all the hardware on this motherboard,the system will load up
but i have problems.
When Windows is about to open and display the User to log in,instead it just makes a reset and it then asks to repair windows or start windows normally.
Is Something wrong?
I still haven't put in the gigabyte Cd that came with the mobo and i don't want to lose my files with a Format .
Is something wrong with bios?
Because i couldn't find the FSB of my CPU to change,only the multipliers!
also,the ram is ddr3 @1600 mhz and its g.skill f3.
I don't know timings etc.
i think it is 7 7 7 24
Help me to log in to windows please!
a c 177 V Motherboard
January 5, 2010 12:50:54 PM

Are you trying to use a hard drive that already had windoze installed previously? Won't work that way - when it is first installed, it 'sets itself up' for the hardware to which it is attached - different hardware = different driver set, and all you will get is resets, and a variety of BSODs...
January 5, 2010 3:51:22 PM

How do i deactivate the thing that makes the processor fall at the x6 multiplier?
what name does it have?
a c 177 V Motherboard
January 5, 2010 9:55:34 PM

On the "Advanced BIOS Features" page:

"CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)" to "Disabled"
"C2/C2E State Support" to "Disabled"
"C4/C4E State Support" to "Disabled"
"CPU EIST Function" to "Disabled"

On the "MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)" page:

"C.I.A.2" to "Disabled"
January 6, 2010 3:07:06 PM

Oh,ok i figured it out.
AT the motherboard i needed to press ctrl and f1 to unlock advanced feature.
Plz,tell me how can i get stable at 3.00ghz or more,because now im at 2,90 with 264x11 with 1.40625 voltage on cpu and if i try 3.00ghz with 1.43 voltage,either it post but on the windows the arrow freezes and the monitor gets all the pixels white Or i will get a critical blue screen!
Also i had a red one critical screen when i was installing windows xp,so now im on win7
a c 177 V Motherboard
January 6, 2010 4:14:01 PM

I would recommend 2.93 = 266 x 11...

A lot of this is 'canned' - so if you've seen parts of it before, skip ahead!

GA-EP43T-UD3L E4500 to 2.93 GHz
Intel E4500 800FSB x11.0mult 3GHz .85-1.5V Core M0 sSpec SLA95 CPUID 06FDh
G.Skill F3-12800CL?? ?GB (? x ?GB) 240-Pin SDRAM DDR3 1600 memory: 7-7-7-24 nominal ?.?v
(Intel P43 chipset only supports DDR3-1066/800 = DDR3-8500 max; you likely bought memory made for a P55/X58 chipset...)

If you haven't yet done it, pull out all but one stick, start with a BIOS' "Load Optimized Defaults"...

Before we start ramping things up, I want to teach you a new skill involving the BIOS: Do the <DEL> at the boot to enter the BIOS; notice, at the bottom, the <F11> "Save CMOS to BIOS" - hit this, and you should get a menu that will show a number (the count varies by BIOS) of empty 'slots', each of which will store an entire set of BIOS parameters, to be re-loaded from the corresponding <F12> "Load CMOS from BIOS"; this is a wonderful overclocker's feature. What I do with it, is to save my 'baseline' working parameters, so if I change something that 'irritates' the board, and forces a reset of all the parameters to defaults, or, even worse, get so screwed up I need to do a 'clear CMOS', I can get back to my starting point with no effort, and without having to remember 85 separate settings! Another thing it prevents is two hours' troubleshooting, having forgotten a change to a crucial parameter - like, "wait a minute - didn't I have the Trd at seven?!" It's pretty self-explanatory, and I alway urge people to start right away by taking the time to give the 'slots' names that mean something: in two hours, "Try2" and "Try3" will not be very helpful, but "450@+10MCH" and "450@+15MCH" will! Another use is for 'green' settings; overclocks, as a rule, do not 'play well' with green features, such as 'down-clocking' and 'down-volting'; with the storage slots, you can set up one profile, say "Green", with all the settings at 'stock' values, and all the 'green' features enabled; another, say "Balls2Wall" with a full overclock, and all the 'green' stuff turned off... Another neat feature of this 'slot' system is, for most BIOS, the mechanism itself will keep track of which ones have booted successfully, and how many times (up to, I believe, a max of five)!

On the "Advanced BIOS Features" page:

"CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)" to "Disabled"
"C2/C2E State Support" to "Disabled"
"CPU Thermal Monitor 2 (TM2)" to "Enabled"
"CPU EIST Function" to "Disabled"
"Virtualization Technology" to "Enabled" - this allows use of Win7's fantastic VirtualXp feature...
"Full Screen LOGO Show" to "Disabled"

On the "Integrated Peripherals" page:

Your manual shows "Legacy USB storage detect", but later BIOS say "USB Storage Function" - either way, set to "Disabled"

On the "Power Management Setup" page:

"ACPI Suspend Type" to "S1(POS)" (for now...)
"HPET Support" to "Enabled"
"HPET Mode" to whichever OS type you're running - "32-bit" if an x86 version, "64-bit" if an x64 version...

On the "MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)" page:

"Robust Graphics Booster" to "Auto"
"CPU Clock Ratio" to "11"
"Fine CPU Clock Ratio" to ".0"
"CPU Frequency" - this one can't be set, it's calculated, and will change when we set the next few items...

******** Clock Chip Control ********
>>>>> Standard Clock Control

"CPU Host Clock Control" to "Enabled"
"CPU Host Frequency (Mhz)" to "267"
"PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)" to "100" (not auto...)
"C.I.A.2" to "Disabled"

******** DRAM Performance Control ********
"Performance Enhance" to "Standard"
"Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.)" to "Disabled"
"(G)MCH Frequency Latch" to "266"
"System Memory Multiplier (SPD)" to "4.0 A"

"Memory Frequency (Mhz)" - again, can't be set, it's calculated...
"DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD)" to "Manual"
You should be able to leave the rest of the memory settings alone; we haven't changed its actual speed, so it should keep working...

"Load-Line Calibration" to "Disabled" (this works differently on different boards - on mine, it's worse "enabled" than "disabled" - the function is supposed to cure a phenomenon called Vdroop - the CPU voltage regulation circuit causes the CPU core voltage to sag, or 'droop' under high loadings; hopefully, we're going to be at a low enough voltage to just ignore this...)

"CPU Vcore" to "1.3500V"

And that should do it!

I should point out that getting two reboots in a row here is perfectly normal behavior; it seems that, when you change certain settings (and we don't exactly know which ones - the only sure one I know is Trd - if you change it, I think you get the 'twin' reboot) it boots once to 'see where it's at', recalculates its remaining 'auto' settings, saves them, and then boots again. Three reboots in a row, however, usually indicates that the board was 'given indigestion' by your settings, and is going back to defaults. This sometimes goes astray, and it doesn't get back into proper operation - for example, at this point, mine will sometimes 'lock' itself into 111MHz x a six multiplier - and take a week to do a whole boot - that's time to do a CMOS reset, and use your 'stored' <F12> profile to get back to where you were...

Good luck!

Bill
April 8, 2010 7:13:53 PM

bilbat said:

(Intel P43 chipset only supports DDR3-1066/800 = DDR3-8500 max; you likely bought memory made for a P55/X58 chipset...)

Hi :hello: 
Actually This mobo supports DDR 3 1600+
Not trying to be anal. :D 
Thanks your research bilbat

Good luck
a c 177 V Motherboard
April 8, 2010 7:44:33 PM

I tend not to give much credence to board makers, or (especially) memory manufacturers! This, for instance:
http://www.gigabyte.us/FileList/MemorySupport/mb_memory...
is obviously wrong, as it lists '3 channel' setups as being 'verified' - and there is no such capability!

Here's the 'straight poop', from the actual poopers: from "Intel® 4 Series Chipset Family Datasheet For the Intel® 82Q45, ... 82P45, 82P43 Memory Controller Hub (MCH)"

Q: how many DDR3 module speeds are supported? [:bilbat:1]
April 11, 2010 11:36:58 AM

This mobo supports DDR3 Ram Up to 1600mhz(Excuse my English)
This is plenty. and to answer theguyisback's original question, yes your processor will still run fine with the memory and mobo.

Good Luck :D 
a c 177 V Motherboard
April 11, 2010 1:23:21 PM

Once again, this boils down to one's personal [:fixitbil:9] definition of 'supported'... If your definition is: "yes, it will work, will load the SPD, and the chipset will have valid configuration registers for this setting", the answer is plainly - no! If your definition is: "it may work, if there is a valid XMP, if the XMP parameters are correct and functional for your particular hardware, if your 'tweaking skills' are adequate to the task, and if you don't mind 'cheating the chipset' with configuration register settings that don't match your DRAM frequency - then the answer is 'maybe' - YMMV!!*

* your mileage may vary [:isamuelson:8]
April 11, 2010 2:43:40 PM

I Am running DDR 3 @ 1333Mhz on a single channel.
I Am running The same Mobo With An Intel E7600 Processor.
The question Was not Will The CPU Support The memory.
To my Knowledge It was How Many DDR3 Module Speeds Are supported By The Intel P43 Chipset.
I Have read my manual.
My Brother is Using The same Ram And An Intel E8400 Processor with no hiccups.

Note To bilbat : I Am Not Flinging Pooh At You. I have Nothing Against You.

Thank you :D 
a c 177 V Motherboard
April 11, 2010 3:37:31 PM

Quote:
I Have read my manual.

...but you have obviously not read the (622 page) P43 chipset datasheet! It is the 'final authority', which is why I posted it above. This issue is causing seemingly endless grief, mainly for the 1156/1366 platform machines. People are repeatedly buying memory that is plainly and simply unsupported by the CPU's memory controller, and then winding up making thirty post threads trying to get the %$#@ working!

Neither the GB 'memory compatibility list', nor the supposed 'board specs' MEAN anything! There is no way to tell: if it 'plugged in and ran' after a successful "Load Optimized"; or if it took the GB engineers themselves (who know the hardware 'inside and out') two hours or two days (and two-hundred CMOS resets!) to get it working tolerably; or if it took 'specialized support' from the memory manufacturer themselves (who provide samples and 'tech' in the interest of sales - to get their stuff on the MemCompatList'!) at a level simply NOT available to 'mere mortals'... When I give recommendations, I try to base them on what will work - what is documented to work - not, what might work - as most people don't want to be diddling around forever, or 'eating' restock fees, in the search for decent system integration.

In addition, as I have pointed out repeatedly - memory clock speeds DO NOT relate appreciably to real-world performance; only low latencies 'pay-off' in actual system responsiveness... The vast majority of memory accesses are a 'cache-line' (4K max...) at a time! That's why memory bandwidth benchmarks are referred to as 'synthetic' tests - because they don't reflect actual operational results!!!!
April 11, 2010 4:05:36 PM

Hello :hello: 

I see What you are saying about the memory being incompatible with the cpu's memory controller. in this area you are correct. But the board on the other hand can and will support a stable system with the 3 x 1 GB ram G-Skill F3(1600mhz) assuming that the processor supports it.

Thank you for correcting me

Not Trying To Be anal or anything but...
In your post i see that you say the P43 Chipset datasheet is located on p622 but in your previous image the page number is 529?

Thanks again and Good Luck To thisguyisback23
a c 177 V Motherboard
April 11, 2010 4:41:38 PM

...I was saying the datasheet itself is 622 pages - the image was, indeed, 'pulled off' page 529 (for most of the MCH chipsets, and for CPUs with onboard memory controllers, the memory controller register definitions are in the second or third last section - for CPUs, this section is in the datasheet '2 of 2')

There is a good reason to 'take a chance' with 1600 for 1156/1366 platform machines; if you are overclocking, the easiest way to 'crank it' is to bump the Bclk to ~200, and with the x8 multiplier, that gives you ~1600; but, in a large number of cases, this will have to be 'hand-tweaked', as the 'auto' setup values will not 'optimize' the memory correctly
April 11, 2010 5:06:24 PM

Hello :hello: 

Thanx Bilbat...
i see what you were talking about.
thank you for correcting me, sorry for wasting your time.
a c 177 V Motherboard
April 11, 2010 5:38:08 PM

Ahh - no problem - stuff here is pretty much never a 'waste'; other people have similar questions, and everyone's got to learn somewhere, somehow... The trick to spec sheets, much like GB manuals, is knowing what's there, and how it's organized. The spec sheets are huge, and you have to skim through a few to 'get it', but, likely only ten percent of the info is really useful - trick is to know which ten percent, and where to find it [:bilbat:3]

I have more than a hundred-twenty-five GB MOBO manuals here - certainly doesn't mean I've read a hundred-twenty-five GB MOBO manuals! After a few, you get to know 'what's where', so when someone has a memory placement issue, I know to look toward the front in the second section after the specs; for BIOS issues, I know that GB changed their 'ordering' eight or nine months back, so the OC stuff (MIT) comes first in the BIOS section for newer MOBOs, instead of last... [:isamuelson:6]
April 12, 2010 3:53:43 PM

Thank you, most People who Would Have the knowledge on hand to put up an argument about this kind of thing are usually incredibly arrogant.

Yes you are correct MIT Does appear at the top of the bios screen
September 25, 2010 5:17:33 PM

Again im back to the forum
I dont know a couple of things about my PC
1) how do i calculate the memory speed,because in the bios on whatever setting i got 800mhz but on cpuz it says DRAM 400
2) Actually what i want to set is 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 so its almost like at 1600 at speed but at the automatic settings i can't understand nothing,and on manual settings i dont know what to set at this menu
"Performance Enhance" to "Standard"
"Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.)" to "Disabled"
"(G)MCH Frequency Latch" to "266"
"System Memory Multiplier (SPD)" to "4.0 A"
after all,if i will manage to boot stable,can i make Performance Enhance to turbo or extreme?
!