Gtx 260 in sli...how can i tell my computer recognizes the two cards i

the collector

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
how can i tell my computer is recognizing my two gtx 260 cards in sli. i hear the fans running on both of them so i now the power is working for both. when i open windows experience it reads msi gtx 260 for graphics card. should it say msi gtx 260 in sli??? my computer is running great, i just dont know if it is recognizing the second card. and yes, i do have the sli bridge in.

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Right click "my computer",click on "properties",click on "hardware",then"device manager",click on "display adapters".If you see the GTX260 twice,then your system recognizes bothe cards.If you only see it once,un-install the one,reboot your comp,then re-install the display drivers.Always remember to disable your antivirus before installing.Make sure you have the latest drivers.When you restart the first time,windows will probably say it;s found new hardware and will ask if you want to install the drivers for it.Click the cancel tab(you'll have to cancel it twice) and install the drivers manually.Goodluck.

Dahak

prelude2250

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
also make sure that you go to the nvidia control panel and enable sli under the "set sli and physx configuration" tab if you havent already. and if you have the 186 drivers and up you can go to the 3d setting tab at the very top and select "show sli visual indicators" and when you launch an 3d app it will show a sli performance meter on the left side of the screen. its kinda cool for about 5 minutes then it gets a little annoying.