cre5po

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Heya guys second post here! Was grateful for the responses before

ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 with stock bios
PSU: OCZ 600w Stealth 2 Edition
CPU: Phenom II x4 965 (3.4)
4 Gig DDR 3 RAM

The situation I'm having arrives after about 4-5 hours of playtime on a game on moderate settings, it has happened a couple of times outside of gaming so I'm not sure what it's connected to

I always have AI Suite II running as well as CPUID Hardware Monitor and I notice as mentioned every 4-5 hours a message from the AI suite saying "Warning: VCore 0.4"

It stays there for barely a second so my apologies if I missed a word or two.

Is this an indication there is a major problem and I should simply stop or give the PC a break? Looking through at the CPU Core (Which I assume is the VCore? - Correct me if wrong) is always 1.36

On CPUID in 4 hours the lowest has been 1.36 and highest 1.38 - I have not manually configured any numbers for voltages as I'm not knowledgable enough to do so! Any advice is most welcome.

Please re-direct to appropriate sub-forum if required

cre5po

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Thanks for the response. In bios config I had coolnquiet disabled will look at the rest shortly.

When running firefox /w youtube running and a game minimized I'm looking at 55 degree core temps is this normal?

I've been told to get a better cooler for the CPU but I'm unaware of which is best! Some are cheaper than others just wouldn't mind one superior to the stock

I'm leaning toward an alaising problem and if so not a real problem.
(1) reason - If your vcore was dropping from 1.38 to 0.4 V you should get a bluescreen or a shut down (I think).
(2) Alaising is a software timing issue, not hardware. Your vcore is an analog voltage converted to digital value. If a software program polls this value at the same time as it is being changed by the D/A unit the value may be invalid. The fact that it does not show up in HWMonitor tends to support this Not a qualified software weenie (LOL), so if incorrect feel free to correct.

Run prime 95 for 4 -> 5 hours. This will task your CPU/Memory more than runing a game. If no error ignore the 0.4 reading. As stated, this will task cpu more than normal use, so for the first 15->30 minutes monitor temps rather closely so that you do ot exceed thermal temps for cpu, after the temps stablize (and are OK, you can go watch TV and just check periodically.

If errors show up, then address that.

cre5po

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Thanks for the replies

CPU Fan - 3,300-3700 RPM
Temp Average CPU - 46 degrees
Mainboard Temp - 35 degrees

My other fan is 1,500 RPM

Again just ask if I've said something wrong!

In response to RetiredChief what settings should I look to be testing this system with Prime 95? Also during that time shall I leave it simply doing nothing or can I still go about looking on the internet and such.

Thanks again

You're not overclocking, so why run the software buggy AI Suite or CPUID, are you saying the game is crashing?

If not just shut down the AI Suite, better yet uninstall it, that's a hardware monitor for overclocking anyway, and it's buggy, if you're not overclocking you do not even need it running.

Are you experiencing any system crashes?

You do not need to run Prime95, becuase you are not overclocking, a 965 @ 3.4ghz is not overclocked, maybe run Memtest and possibly a HDD Diagnostic program, If you're actually crashing, (Suddenly shutting down), or Blue Screen and freeze, or your game suddenly closing to the desktop???

If you're not experiencing those type problems, you don't have any problems other than the buggy AI Suite.

cre5po

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Hey 4Ryan6 thanks for the message and no I am not crashing on any games or on any other sort of application

The message as I wrote before is just a blue message occuring from the Asus Suite on the desktop from the system tray, no noises from the hardware or blue screens, never shut itself off thus far and no freezing.

It appears literally for a second and I've had 2 messages now

One which is the 0.4v core one and the other a 3.7v which I wasn't able to read in time.

One or the other occur every 4-5 hours sometimes a little less and have no effect on the hardware.

I shall uninstall the utilities, I was just paranoid! As for Cool'n'Quiet and other details users have mentioned upon loadup in BIOS should I have them enabled?

I have no intention of overclocking nor would I know specifically how (I dusabled some Turbo Booster Asus software)

Thanks again