Need help on first time build, 350 pound intel gaming rig

G

hello my max limmit is 350 pounds i want a decent case wich has room to be modded later on a motherboard which supports quard core and sli for future upgrading . want about 4 gig ram will go for 2 gig tho. i want a decent processor speed . need a good graphics card to play latest games . hard drive cheap as im upgrading in few months and i have a external allready. needs overclocking capabilities wich is safe and reliable

Helloworld_98

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
you won't get what you want in a half-decent package for your budget.

with your budget you'd be looking at a single GPU AMD build, which will probably perform better than the intel build in that budget anyway.

G

well im will to switch to amd if it worth it and i can get a decent spec out of it

Do you need a monitor as well? If you already have one what resolution is it?
For that little money you are going to have a hell of a time even buying a graphics card and dual core CPU, let alone a quad core.

Comes out to 358 including VAT, find a cheap HDD and optical drive at a local store if you really dont care about the quality or life of the disk since you are going to upgrade soon. Otherwise the build will cost you a bit more.

Corsair VX 450W ATX Power Supply (CMPSU-450VXUK)

Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P AMD 770 (Socket AM3) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard

AMD Athlon II X2 Dual Core 250 3.00GHz (Socket AM3) - Retail

OCZ Platinum 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C7 1333MHz Dual Channel (OCZ3P13334GK)

Gainward ATI Radeon HD 4650 512MB DDR2 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI (PCI-Express) - Retail

Antec 300 Three Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case - Black (No PSU)

The graphics card isnt very powerful but i picked you a motherboard that would give you good upgrade potential in the future. If you were going to spend a bit more on the system i would suggested a stronger graphics card, that PSU can support everything upto an HD 4850.

G

dont need screen got one about 19 inch but thats only temp for nw

Helloworld_98

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
^ yeah, like he's gonna add an extra £250 onto his budget with that low a budget.

anyway,

is £381 ok?, I can take £18 off but then you'd lose a bit of overclockability and performance.

G

like sound of that rig but that compatable with windows 7 and is it safe and suitable to overclock

G

yeah i could push to that if it would be worth it

There is no such thing as not compatible with windows, unlike Mac OS, windows runs ontop of a hardware abstraction layer so it hasnt a clue what your actual hardware is and it really doesnt affect it that much. Yes its compatible with windows 7. If you want to overclock you should get an aftermarket heat sink but that will stress your already thin budget.

G

ye that sounds good im not planning to overclock until abit in futre when i got better temp controll anyway

G

comes to 358 including VAT, get a cheap HDD and optical drive at a local store later on i upgrade optical drive and HDD.

OCZ Platinum 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C7 1333MHz Dual Channel (OCZ3P13334GK)

Gainward ATI Radeon HD 4650 512MB DDR2 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI (PCI-Express) - Retail

in a month or 2 i will upgrade the graphics card

thanks to hunter315 for the spec

is this a decent spec for the money or should i change some components?

G

comes to 358 including VAT, get a cheap HDD and optical drive at a local store later on i upgrade optical drive and HDD.

OCZ Reaper 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C6 1333MHz Dual Channel-http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-166-OC&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=1387

in a month or 2 i will upgrade the graphics card

thanks to hunter315 for the spec

is this a decent spec for the money or should i change some components?

oops here is links

Helloworld_98

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
yes it's safe to OC, it will only go to about 3.4Ghz on stock cooler though, but if you were willing to spend an extra £20, you could either get a better graphics card or a better cooler.

edit: on the list you posted, swap the ram for the reapers on the same page and change the GPU to a 4730.

G

changed ram keeping graphics card same tho bec i trying not to spend any more really but i will upgrade graphics gard later on