Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 overclocking help

Last response: in Overclocking
July 19, 2011 11:14:04 PM

Hello guys, after succesfully overclocking my CPU to 3.6Ghz (a AMD phenom II x4 940), I am now wanting to overclock my Radeon 6850. I will use the Trixx Sapphire Tweal Utility to overclock this card, but I am a noob at overclocking videocards :cry:  . Everything right now for my card is on stock settings. (pic is included showing my temps and some other stuff).

I would like a nice performance boost (Anything to help run the upcoming game Battlefield 3 :p ). Any help and suggestions will be welcome. Please and thank you

a b U Graphics card
a c 280 K Overclocking
July 20, 2011 2:04:09 AM

What resolution are you using? I recommend use MSI Afterburner.
July 20, 2011 2:54:48 AM

1680*1050 is my resolution
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a c 280 K Overclocking
July 20, 2011 2:58:17 AM

The stock settings can give you all that you need, overclock will not make a much difference at that resolution.
a c 169 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 20, 2011 10:24:21 AM

same goes for vid cards as does for cpu's. The memory clock is pretty easy to start with. gradually bump it up in 10-20mhz increments and run a benchmark like 3d mark.(I am against running furmark as it places unnatural stress on the vidcard and can cause them to fail.) you should get to a stage where things either crash, or you get ramndom screen artifacts. once you reach this point back off the clocks till its stable. once you have one of the clocks stable, now change the other. You should forget about voltage increase for the time being. Read some 6850 reviews, reviewers will tell you the approximate max frequencies they were able to achieve. this will give you an approximate limit, although every chip is different.
July 20, 2011 1:51:51 PM

saint19 said:
The stock settings can give you all that you need, overclock will not make a much difference at that resolution.

You sure?
July 20, 2011 8:33:45 PM

Best answer selected by che3zeman.
!