restore object files .... : (

Is there a Program to restore pricing and rating of objects in Sims.
I Have downloaded some chairs , pictures , etc.
These furnishings are far from game norms. 1$ for this....10 rating for that
..
I would like to restore a modified chair back to the programs specs.
A $10 chair modified to look like a $1,000 is still a $10 dollar chair.
Please remember I'm looking for a Program.

I tried the "SE Object Manager".... it is not doing what I want.
I want to RESTORE the ORIGINAL item that was MANIPULATED BACK to the
original price, the original specs. If the item was a table and someone used
that file to make a Lawn ornament, I want the specs back to the table they
used. Its still a Table. I have downloaded Items that make no Sense. Someone
made a real cool chair..But then to find out the moron used a toilet to make
the thing. And others have made pictures that cost $1
but have a room rating of 10. I like to play fair and make games a challange
....downloads are a mess.
9 answers Last reply
More about restore object files

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 01:23:08 GMT, "Lithiumxsl"
    <Lithiumxsl@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Is there a Program to restore pricing and rating of objects in Sims.
    > I Have downloaded some chairs , pictures , etc.
    >These furnishings are far from game norms. 1$ for this....10 rating for that

    Restore? Or edit? SimPE can edit.

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 01:23:08 GMT, "Lithiumxsl"
    > <Lithiumxsl@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a Program to restore pricing and rating of objects in Sims.
    >> I Have downloaded some chairs , pictures , etc.
    >> These furnishings are far from game norms. 1$ for this....10 rating
    >> for that
    >
    > Restore? Or edit? SimPE can edit.

    Not objects for Sims1, it can't.

    Jeanie

    My fault ....Yes I'm talking Sims 1.

    I think you all know what I'm talking about with the Modifications.?
    I just want the files to have accurate setting.

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 02:03:44 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

    >Not objects for Sims1, it can't.

    I must have missed a clue... what makes you think he's talking about
    Sims 1?

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 02:03:44 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Not objects for Sims1, it can't.
    >
    > I must have missed a clue... what makes you think he's talking about
    > Sims 1?

    Because he posted in an earlier thread asking about this and I suggested he
    get SE Object Manager. Do pay attention. <g>

    Jeanie

    I think the only way you are going to be able to get the original price is
    by finding the original price in the game and change it back using something
    like SEOM or SimCategoriser. The original price isn't, AFAIK, hidden in the
    base object from which the new object was cloned - I think it was changed
    when the new object was made. I *think* you can change things like room
    score with Transmogrifier and almost certainly Iff Pencil though you need to
    be confident about using those. Oh - there was a really useful programme
    with which you could change prices and reset the price degradation - it was
    called ... ummmm ... Object Depreciation Calculator (I had to look that one
    up). I don't think you will be able to change the base object - so your
    chair will always be a toilet clone though you could try extracting the
    graphics and make a new clone yourself based on a chair. The pricing thing
    used to annoy me too but I used to use Sim Cat and the OCD to reset prices
    to a reasonable level. I think that's about the best you can do.

    You might start having a look for these things at:

    http://www.simprograms.com/
    or
    http://www.workshop.thesimsresource.com/

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 03:59:48 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

    >Because he posted in an earlier thread asking about this and I suggested he
    >get SE Object Manager. Do pay attention. <g>

    Never heard of that program :-p

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 03:59:48 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Because he posted in an earlier thread asking about this and I
    >> suggested he get SE Object Manager. Do pay attention. <g>
    >
    > Never heard of that program :-p

    It beat the socks off SimPE, at least for me. Mainly because I could
    understand how to use it. The same fellow who created it did Sim Enhancer,
    as well, which I adored. Now we have SimPE which scares the beejezus out of
    me and does everything from sorting to tweaking to creating. Ah, well. I
    miss the old days. I notice that he's got Sim Enhancer now for University.
    Just in time for the new EP to come out this fall. I'll wait until he
    updates it for Nightlife, I think, before downloading it. Once I do,
    though, I will likely never have to open SimPE again. I hope.

    Jeanie

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:18:52 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

    >Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    >> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 03:59:48 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Because he posted in an earlier thread asking about this and I
    >>> suggested he get SE Object Manager. Do pay attention. <g>
    >>
    >> Never heard of that program :-p
    >
    >It beat the socks off SimPE, at least for me. Mainly because I could
    >understand how to use it. The same fellow who created it did Sim Enhancer,
    >as well, which I adored. Now we have SimPE which scares the beejezus out of
    >me and does everything from sorting to tweaking to creating. Ah, well. I
    >miss the old days. I notice that he's got Sim Enhancer now for University.
    >Just in time for the new EP to come out this fall. I'll wait until he
    >updates it for Nightlife, I think, before downloading it. Once I do,
    >though, I will likely never have to open SimPE again. I hope.

    That depends on what you use SimPE for. Simenhancer 2 is very limited,
    much more so than Simenhancer for Sim 1 was, you can do much more with
    the testingcheat.

Sims Games Video Games Product