Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Someone please help me with my RAM!!

Last response: in Memory
December 31, 2009 11:57:07 AM

Hi, I will make this short and sweet...

My RAM is OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 Intel® i7 Triple Channel Rev.2 (newegg page)

(product page here)

My motherboard is the ASRock X58 Extreme (newegg page)

(product page here)

My question: Since my RAM has an XMP profile, when I go to my BIOS is that the only thing I have to change? Is the only thing to go down to XMP Profile and change it from "Auto" to "Profile-1"?

Thank you so much! I am currently running the RAM at 1066 because I was having major issues when I selected "Profile-1" for XMP profiles...so just in case that was the problem i've left my BIOS at default settings.

Please help? Thank you so much!! :) 

More about : ram

December 31, 2009 1:33:37 PM

Half the time those XMP profiles on the ram don't work. You're better off setting the timings and voltages manually. Disable XMP and just set all your timings and voltages to what the XMP profile has them at.
December 31, 2009 4:39:16 PM

ok I will try that and let you know how it works, but first I need to know one thing..

How do I check what each and every setting is set to on the XMP profile?

thanks so much, talk soon!
Related resources

Best solution

December 31, 2009 4:47:51 PM

If you have CPU-Z you can see the ram timings and voltage there. XMP will be listed along with other frequencies like 800 Mhz, 1066 Mhz, 1333 Mhz, 1600 Mhz, ect...
December 31, 2009 4:58:00 PM

masterasia said:
If you have CPU-Z you can see the ram timings and voltage there. XMP will be listed along with other frequencies like 800 Mhz, 1066 Mhz, 1333 Mhz, 1600 Mhz, ect...

hi, i just opened cpu-z, and clicked the memory tab..it only shows what the RAM is currently at i believe =X

how do i check the xmp profiles, and more importantly, the right timings/voltage/etc for the RAM?

edit: i just went to "SPD" and i see some timings there for each DIMM...is that what i should be looking at and noting down?
December 31, 2009 5:57:52 PM

Yes, do you see the timings for the XMP there?
January 1, 2010 12:32:28 PM

hi, yea i think i do see them...which ones do i have to change in my bios? does this program list every one i have to change here? are there some i dont need to or some that arent shown here?
!