Removing psu in new HP Elite models

and-none

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
I saw a thread a while back with more or less the same problem as mine, however no answer. Does anyone have any experience removing a psu in a new HP elite such as the 9150t?? After removing the 4 screws on the back the damn thing still won't budge!! It's like it is still screwed in on the other side but I can't get to it because that panel is riveted to the chassis. ><

Hmmmm.... that is unusual. I went to the HP web site but I could not find a photo of the interior of the case. Is the power supply mounted at the top/rear or the bottom rear? If it is bottom mounted have you checked the bottom of the case to see if there are any additional screws?

and-none

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009

It's at the top rear, I swear I looked all around, and it's really strange the manual for the new Elite's has NOTHING in it about removing the psu, but all the other manuals do... I'm not really sure what to do, I've been told that there could possibly be some sort of release lever or mechanism keeping it in place but literally I am unable to unscrew all the back screws and it still sits firmly enough in place to where I don't even need to support it. I really wanna throw a new psu in there so I can upgrade my gpu