Looking for a quiet CPU cooler for a build w/ tall ram for audio work

Harmonicz

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Here's the situation. I'm working out a build for a machine that will be used for audio editing/mixing so silence is paramount. Since there will also be heavy amounts of processing keeping the CPU cool is also very important. The problem I'm running into is space. I'm planning on getting the
Silverstone Fortress FT02 case

The Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3 LGA 1155 Motherboard

The Intel i7 2600k

the corsair vengeance ram

Since I'm using all the ram slots (with tall ram) I'm having issues finding a good cooler that will fit in the space. I'd like to try and keep the cost under $50 for the cooler but could go a little over if absolutely necessary.

a couple I've looked at are the Thermalright mux-120 and the cooler master 212+

I'd really appreciate any suggestions/feedback.

Thanks

Ripthruster

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010

This is a tad more than $50.00. I had one in my case before switching it out for something else but it actually was cooling better than the replacement :(. This was on a 2600K OC'd with a P8P67 Pro. Originally in a small Raidmax case, then moved to a HAF 932.
Anyhow, because of the flower design it won't cover the 1st and 2nd memory slots. It is exceptionally quiet too.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118046

Harmonicz

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Cool thanks for the tip. I've done some reading up on the Zallman and it seems like it'd be a good cooler, however there are some reviews that mention a low frequency rumble that the cooler creates and it can be a bit difficult to install. any other ideas?