Bfg gtx 260 won't boot. PLS!!! Help Me. PLS!!!!!

silverstings2003

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Hi. I recently bought a Bfg Geforce gtx 260 maxcore 55 video card and hooked it up to my system but when i turn it on, everything comes on but i don't get any video on d monitor. the video cards fan starts to spin after about 5-10 seconds after i start d computer. These are my specs:

Ecs Geforce 7050M-M Motherboard ver. 2.0 (updated bios to jan.-2009
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135064&Tpk=ecs%20geforce%207050
Amd Athlon 7750 Dual Core Processor Black Edition running at stock speed. (2.7)
2 2 gb Kingston Dual channel RAM 800 MHZ. (4Gb)
CoolMax V-600 PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817159079
The PSU rates +3.3V@24A,+5V@24A,+12V1@18A,+12V2@18A,+12V3@15A, -12V@0.5A,+5VSB@2.5A.

the card requirements are 38 Amps on the 12 volt rails.

I tried to cold boot it with only a stick of ram and CPU, no other peripherals connected and still no video. reset bios and nada.
It took me a month to get this card cauze where i live these things are'nt available to anyone. A friend bought it from d USA for me so i really have to make
an informed choice on what part to replace to make this work out for me.

dats where u guys and ur expertise come in. I'm leaning toward the motherboard or the PSu, being that this runs my geforce 8500GT 512MB perfectly but that card is ancient now.

Any help will b appreciated.

konenavi

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
I've got the same card. Spinning up about ten seconds later was normal, at least on the first boot. I would try to get an RMA since aside from running really warm, mine is a tank. I've got an Intel CPU and board though. Shouldn't really matter. EDIT: Just to let you know I also upgraded from another card, a Palit 8800gt so you really should be okay.

silverstings2003

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009

i can't really say i upgraded cauze i'm still in the process. i reaally want to get this thing working. I can't even RMA dis card if it was DOA. I have a lot of new games dat i can't really enjoy with my present card.
a friend told me dat i would need a better PSU and another said my MB sucks for d card i want to put in.
this problem is starting to stress me out to d point dat last night i dreamed dat the 260 was working fine but was no better than my 8500gt.

i still need help but thanks anyway.

konenavi

Distinguished
May 1, 2009

Well if your dreaming about a GPU maybe you need some better hobbies :p. Anyway put the 9500 back in and see if that works. If it does than I'm betting the Card is dead. Which is unfortunate I love mine. EDIT: You did plug in BOTH six pin PCI-E power plugs right?

silverstings2003

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009

maybe i do need a better hobbie. the thing is dat i spent $450 on this card. thats a lot of money here. d thought that i am just going to throw away dat amount of money just makes me very angry.

yesterday i was fiddling with 6 pin connectors and i got the cards fan to spin as soon as turned on the computer but still nothing. dat made me even madder.

the PSU only has one 6 pin connector. i used the 2 molex to 1 6 pin connector for d other plug.

D 8500gt doesn't give me any problems. i even overclocked it to get a little boost in the FPS.

does a dead cards fan still spin up when u turn d computer on?

konenavi

Distinguished
May 1, 2009

I wouldn't think so, but maybe. Anyway try the other DVI Ports too I know that with my 8800 if you didn't get it right you didn't get a picture. That is about the only thing I can think of especially if the fan comes on. Just to make sure you did practice anti static procedures while you installed the card right? By the way if you leave it on do you get any POST codes?

silverstings2003

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
didn't get any post codes cauze i have to remove my speaker plug to make way for the big ass card. it sits right under the card, along with two sata ports. i'll try ro squeeze it in.

i also forgot to mention that my monitor has a vga connection. i have 2 VGA to DVI connectors but it don't work with none of the two being that the card has two DVI connections.

i'll try to get a beep code out of it.

I'm beginning to hate this card. Thank god it's pay day, 2 day. Tiime to relax with a cold 8-pack of Guinness.

konenavi

Distinguished
May 1, 2009

The DVI to VGA should work. That does sound nice I get payed next week and I'm in the US so i can't drink for a more years. Stupid laws.

silverstings2003

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009

just got back and this damn card still bugging me. can t believe i turned my PC on and worse i cant belive i clicked on this bookmark as soon as had an internet connection.

dis damn card will end up at the bottom of a river. damn bfg or damn bad batch.

anyways' i will get get this stupid card working.

i have to. i only game at 1280*1024 and i can't even get that resolution to run at very high on crysis.

damn dat guinness. srry. i take dat back. damn dat BFG.

Can't believe i can't RMA. hence d guiness..

i'm workjng on getting a corsair 750w PSU from the US.

sorry about ur drinking laws but even here we have them too. we just just don't give a flying rats ass about them. well, some of us, anyway.

hope the PSU gets here anytime dis year!!!! :-((((

konenavi

Distinguished
May 1, 2009

Yeah I'm sorry to hear that yours was bad. Mine runs warm but at least here we get a lifetime warranty so I'm not too concerned. Where are you that you can't RMA? Hopefully the PSU will work but I've used a few of the ones you have right now in workstation builds with Quadro FX 3700s and they worked okay. But then again those only need one six pin. I've got my 260 working along with 3 drives, four sticks of ram, three pci cards and a quad core on a cooler master extreme power plus 500w its a good budget PSU never even gets warm even when I'm using all my components 100% (games/pro apps/vmware) so I bet the 750w would be more than enough.

silverstings2003

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009

if the new PSU fixes my problem (not with Drinking), i will try to get an SLI MB then another 260.
Ur PSU only has 1 PCI-E connector, right?

how exactly do u connect the other plug?

i mean d two molex connectors from d same rail or one from each rail?

konenavi

Distinguished
May 1, 2009

well i think they were on the same rail but i havent had my case open to check. you should be okay either way at least with my 8800 i didnt have any pcie six pins and i used two molexs on the same rail and it worked okay.

anvilhammer

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
I am having the same problem with the same ECS mobo same video card GTX260.....i upgraded from 8600 now nothing from ECS 7050M-M v2.0 I took the 260 to work and plugged it into a pc there and it ran fine came up immediately without drivers!!!??? I have contacted ECS and have a service ticket on this...I thought I was crazy but seeing that others are having issues with the same hardware I know its the mobo....

silverstings2003

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009

What PSU did u have powering the 260 wen u took it to work? I still have this card just laying here doing nothing when it should be in my computer.

The thing is that i also tried it with this mobo and nothing.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130164

thats why i thought it was my PSU.

G

I am having same problem as silverstings.
Have new gigabyte board, Intel i7 processor, Windows 7 plus download of updated W7 drivers.
This card will not even give me start screen.
Nothing.
Use another card hooked to monitor (pic and pci-e) and board is not detected.
Run CD to instal drivers - no hardware found.
It is like it dos not exist.

Like silverstings sya, 2 fans and 1 hook up - how clever is that. (instructions do not tell you to power fans anyway - you have to figure that out).
Tried every compination of card / no card I can think of.