Can some body tell me wtf goin on with these card with crysis wh and

silent rock 23336

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009
can some body tell me what is goin on becuase am not feel well with these i can't explan but see these pic and tell me

crysis2009072715591246.png

yeah yeah its not cool

crysis2009072715592241.png

what happen with the gun don't ask buz i don't have any idea

17308522.jpg

is that desk top line? yes very much

is every thing ok i mean is it ? help your self

dsdwfy.jpg

ewe.jpg

so can any body plz start talking now(i have 4870 1g vapor x)

silent rock 23336

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009

i will do that and see what happen any way thats happen too me before but i am sure i don't wanna happen too me again after these second time

thanks for you fast reply

silent rock 23336

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009

ok i over clock it but it was good before so what happen yes its stock like you said but but it can take more right? and temps is good and i ask about thats and the store i bought it from and he say's ok as long the tems low so what els .any way i see people over clock ther card and not happen that with them .............so

thanks for replay fast but tell me is these some thing wrong with the card and what should i do too avoid that

Reset the everything back to stock speed to see if you graphics issues goes away.

Overclocking puts additional stress on video card components and can cause them to fail faster. Temperature is just one aspect of overclocking.

Also, not all HD 4870 Vapor-X will overclock to the same level.

silent rock 23336

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009
Reset the everything back to stock speed to see if you graphics issues goes away.

Overclocking puts additional stress on video card components and can cause them to fail faster. Temperature is just one aspect of overclocking.

Also, not all HD 4870 Vapor-X will overclock to the same level.

ok before i go with discussion about hd 4870 i have problem so i did download the latest driver form amd for my ati 4870 and it 9.7 cc so any way when i uninstall it the system crach i was use system 7 and won't boot in safe mood so i can run disk cleaner any way i did system restor and what i get that old driver again so i install freash new home Home Premium and ity work ok untill i install my new 9.7cc driver and when i didt index base score its still at stock i mean its still 1 sub score so what is that

so i will post these in vista forum and see what i will get any way thanks for helping realy i mean it and if you have solution for these post it and i will keep update My situation

If your stock speeds work then it's an overclocking issue.

I wouldn't investigate too deeply. Video cards without advanced cooling solutions don't have much in the way of overclocking (maybe 5%).

I don't know what the driver issue is, but if you can work at stock speeds then it's simply an overclocking issue and troubleshooting further will do nothing for you.

Get the latest drivers and clock so you are stable running a one-hour loop of something like 3DMark.

Use driversweeper and UNINSTALL anything that has to do with ATI or Nvidia, go into control panel (add remove programs) and look for anything that has to do with catalyst (CCC) and delete. Once you are done gettin rid of ALL files associated with video drivers, reboot and download the latest drivers from Ati. DO NOT OVERCLOCK YOUR CARD till you are positive that the artifacting issue is gone.

If you still see artifacts at stock speeds then your video RAM is bad... if you do not see artifacts unless you overlock to INSANE speeds then you know why it was causing the issue in the first place...you can overclock to a point.. but dont push the slider ALL THE WAY to the end...this is common sense...

silent rock 23336

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009

first thanks for your fast replay

second that thing happen to me before and i was over clocking my card any way i just bought these thing and i was expect it give me over clock so i was do over clock on it but was fin untill the first and these second time make me worry and when i over clock i run auto tune and i run test too so how come the test passed and these thing not passed in the game !!!!!!!

silent rock 23336

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009

i just raised it from 750 to780 what is that like 5% its nothing and i do cool my card .like these 5
% will do much defrance because they will do not and i test it on the game i just wanna over clock too see how much its will take and these thing make me feel these card is week

any way just did what you told me and i play cod5 on it and every thing fine so i was thinking too setup crysis again and over clcok the card and see what will happen with these new driver if it happen again then i will low the over clock untill stable mood or you can advise me what i should do do over clock ot not ?????

any way thanks man for the helpe i really appreciate it

randomizer

Champion
Because the test is not Crysis. Both will stress the card differently. You must remove the obvious variables before debugging further so make sure you are not overclocked. If you are not stable then you can keep trying different drivers until you die but it won't remove the issue.

Crazy V

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Just remember when overclocking just because you want a certain speed doesn't mean your going to get it. And if that card is overclocked at it stock speeds from a reference 4870 so your not going to push it much more than a pinch. If not overclocked from factory you are still only gone to go so far and ATI software is only a starting point witch you should normally back down from as you find issues with games and applications not running smoothly. The memory is already high for the rated speeds of those chips. If you want to overclock it try doing it without the Overdrive in the ATI software do it manually. And adjust them separately GPU core first.

silent rock 23336

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009

you mean if i back down from over clock the card and find that issue happen again it's bad memory
and if the issue gone at stock i have too leave it that way and never clock it a gaing???????

Just remember when overclocking just because you want a certain speed doesn't mean your going to get it. And if that card is overclocked at it stock speeds from a reference 4870 so your not going to push it much more than a pinch. If not overclocked from factory you are still only gone to go so far and ATI software is only a starting point witch you should normally back down from as you find issues with games and applications not running smoothly. The memory is already high for the rated speeds of those chips. If you want to overclock it try doing it without the Overdrive in the ATI software do it manually. And adjust them separately GPU core first.

first it's not a reference 4870 edition it's sapphire vapore x cooling no it's not over clock like 4890 edition and its at stock speed in over drive when i turn it 750 gpu clock and 900 memory clock
and in auto tune give me 780\1090 from 750\900 is that mush ???

and second how i can aple too do over clock manually without ati over drive its the only way i have connect with the card to do over clock with or without auto tune

randomizer

Champion
As Crazy V said, the card is already overclocked from the factory so you can't expect much more from it. Reset it to the speeds it shipped at, not reference clock speeds. If it is still unstable then try reference clocks just to check if it is faulty. If the card is stable at reference clocks but not factory overclocked speeds then it is time to RMA it. The card should be able to run at the speeds it was overclocked to at the factory.

silent rock 23336

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009

what is the speed of the factory overclocked speeds and what is the speed of reference clocks?
i don't know so help me too know it

silent rock 23336

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009

how that come man i just did defaulte to the speed and it's 750\900 and too make sure i did under perferences button (restore factory defaults ) and back me too 750\900 so how come thats the same
same as reference clocks

am alittle confused becuase the reference it's the card by ati readon and the sapphire is non reference
right ?

correct me if i'am wrong

randomizer

Champion
My bad, I thought it was a pre-overclocked card. It seems that the card uses the reference clocks as well (check the table near the bottom of the page here: http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/vaporhd4870/2.html).

silent rock 23336

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009
My bad, I thought it was a pre-overclocked card. It seems that the card uses the reference clocks as well (check the table near the bottom of the page here: http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/ [...] 0/2.html).

i read it i know about the fan thats why i bought sapphire model (hd4870)
and capable enough to support at least a modest overclocking ok so these is

once again we back into point that card is ok when its at stock speed
but what if i run the over clock again is these thing will happen it's already happend
tow time's

so bottom line what you suggest me to do?

i read it i know about the fan thats why i bought sapphire model (hd4870)
and capable enough to support at least a modest overclocking ok so these is

once again we back into point that card is ok when its at stock speed
but what if i run the over clock again is these thing will happen it's already happend
tow time's

so bottom line what you suggest me to do?

efeat

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
I just noticed that your temperature gauge says 68C. Is that your idle temperature, or did you take that picture immediately after closing the game? If 68C is your base idle temp, I shudder to think what you get on load.

silent rock 23336

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009

no my idl temp without open the fan is 62 but when over clock and open the fan its after close the game 68 like you see it i know what you mean but i don't know programe that Measure the temp's while i playing like test that tell me what was the temp's last 3 minute
but i don't know any tast that's lead me too ask you if you know software do that ??

Gravitational24

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
The auto tune feature from ATI is rubbish. It told me to run my core at 820mhz but in reality anything past 765mhz makes my card unstable. I would recommend you don't use auto tune at all.