Ddr 3 ddr 2 prices

onusofstrife

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
Are ddr 3 prices going to go down? now that production seems to be limited on ddr 2 and the prices are getting insane. I was hoping to get another 4gb for my computer but ddr 2 is just way to expensive now. Its at the same price level as ddr 3.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
There seems to be a memory shortage in the world. I RMA'd my OCZ platinums and they took over 3 months. Only 2 came back. The other one took too long so I opted for different OCZ ram instead.

I don't see the prices coming down for another 6-9 months. Even the value ram is pricey at the moment. Good thing I bought all my ram before the price hike.

Yep just like the oil cartels !! - the profit margins got so thin on the modules that they started shutting down some of the production to keep the prices higher -since they make the same or more profit by selling fewer chips at a higher margin.

shogun_11

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I think the same. Before the end of November prices on DDR2 for 4gb were like £45, now they've skyrocketed to over £100. I'm seriously considering switching my motherboard for a DDR3 compatible one now, seeing that everyone else agrees.