Sign in with
Your question

Icons at the notification area take too long to appear

Last response: in Windows XP
December 15, 2011 6:16:47 AM

My PC conf:400mb Ram,Pentium 3 processor 500 Mhz clock.windows XP home edition.
Suddenly I find there is an inordinate delay in the notification area icons to appear..Booting time is OK and its quite normal till the welcome screen appearing and after that there will be either a black or sometimes a lighter blue coloured background on the monitor display and slowly the desktop icons will appear along with the taskbar but the entire taskbar and quick launch icons will be unresponsive.It nearly takes 3 minutes for the notification area icons to appear and once it does then the computer will function normally.The shut down time is also significantly more than it used to be.Please help.

More about : icons notification area long

December 15, 2011 7:06:14 AM

kayvee said:
My PC conf:400mb Ram,Pentium 3 processor 500 Mhz clock.windows XP home edition.
Suddenly I find there is an inordinate delay in the notification area icons to appear..Booting time is OK and its quite normal till the welcome screen appearing and after that there will be either a black or sometimes a lighter blue coloured background on the monitor display and slowly the desktop icons will appear along with the taskbar but the entire taskbar and quick launch icons will be unresponsive.It nearly takes 3 minutes for the notification area icons to appear and once it does then the computer will function normally.The shut down time is also significantly more than it used to be.Please help.

Well, you don't have a speed demon there, with a Pentium III.
What is the status of your hard drive, free space, etc.
Have you run anti virus and anti malware scans for possible infections ?
You might also eliminate APPS from startup that you do not use on a regular basis.
m
l
!