Sign in with
Your question

Mini-ITX build need help with Graphics and Power Supply

Last response: in Systems
July 7, 2009 5:55:09 AM

Hi,

looking to build a Mini-ITX PC for the livingroom. This would be used to watch/listen to media from my NAS and play the likes of WoW and COD:WaW. Other uses would inlcude some video editing.

I am smitten on the Antec Mini Skeleton, so here are list of the components on my list so far:

• Antec Mini Skeleton 90 Mini-ITX Enclosure - 150mm Top Fan
  • Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi Socket 775 DDR2 onboard VGA DVI HDMI ITX Motherboard http://pden.zotac.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=145&category_id=7&keyword=9300&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1
  • Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz 1333FSB Socket 775 L2 4MB cache OEM Processor
  • Crucial 4GB Memory
  • Western Digital 320GB 2.5"

Here are some potential issues I have identified, I only have a 90w PSU to play with. The case can only takes a half height PCI Express card.

The onbaord graphics apparantly are pretty average when running the likes of COD 4 at 800 x 600, but like I said I am looking to run World at War at a higher res.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

here is the case well its a chasis :kaola:  :

Related resources
    July 7, 2009 5:47:16 PM

Looks like the motherboard has a standard 24 pin power connector.
    Not sure about the placement of the PSU in the Antec Mini Skeleton.
    July 8, 2009 1:18:08 PM

According to my calculations, you need a power supply with 14 amps on the 12v rails with an 8400GS video card.
    !