GTX 275 HDMI audio

Hello people.

This might come across as stupid, but I was wondering whether it's possible to use a HDMI converter on the GTX275 to transfer audio to my TV?

It's supposed to support HDMI, but there are only 2 DVI outlets. I find this very confusing.

Hope someone can shed some light on this, thanks. :)
5 answers Last reply
More about hdmi audio
  1. Actually, yes.

First, you need to connect your motherboards Spdif header to the GPU (assuming your motherboard has the proper connection). After that, you should get audio over a DVI->HDMI connection.
  2. What if I have a PCI soundcard?

Also, will it work with just a DVI/HDMI cable without an adapterbox?
  3. You would then connect the spdif header to the soundcard (note: not all soundcards have the necessary connection).

And yes, all you need is a DVI->HDMI cable once the spdif header is connected.
  4. Jesterhead said:
    Hello people.

This might come across as stupid, but I was wondering whether it's possible to use a HDMI converter on the GTX275 to transfer audio to my TV?

It's supposed to support HDMI, but there are only 2 DVI outlets. I find this very confusing.

Hope someone can shed some light on this, thanks. :)

Doesn't work for me.... :(
  5. Hello, i known this is an old post but I have the same problem with my GTX 275 and I can't find any solution... So if anyone had found it, please tell me how you fix it!
    Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards Audio HDMI Graphics