alzuaak12

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
Hi from spain.

i've got a Gigabyte k8n-pro MBoard and i've some problems because in Bios aren't recognized all the features. For example, SATA controller, RAID controller On board, 1394, and other funcionalities not appear...idont know why in "integrated peripherals" options menu in BIOS i cant enable or disable these options...
These options were available past month but now not appear in menu..i'm thinking MB has got these areas damaged now... past month i can use SATA drives, make RAID or use 1394 firewire...now i cant!
i've tried many procedures like reflash bios or clear cmos with after or later versions but the problem persists...
When system starts and check components, a tipical table is showed with IRQs and there are three "unknown devices" registred with "NA" IRQs assigned... Motherboard detects something but not recognize what is i think...

Could you help me??

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
I have that board in an old computer. I would suggest stripping everything down to just video card, 1 stick of ram, and cpu. Then reset the CMOS via jumputer (or removed watch battery for 30 seconds). Then see what's up. I seem to remember having a similiar issue and it ended up being my PCI=video card coming out of the slot.

Let us know what happens.

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
This board is well over 4 years old.
I agree with cletus... that finding bad connections can be a good start.
Have you considered buying a new lithium battery for the mobo?
$3, roll the dice.

alzuaak12

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
Thanks about all.

I'm trying all the solutions only with one memory 256MB inserted, only with vga card and micro. The problem persist. In Bios, in "integrated peripherals" not appear SATA, RAID on board, 1394...options...
i've press CTRL+F1 to maximize options and nothing about these "hidden" ones.
Tomorrow i'll buy a new Li Ion Battery and try with it but i'm pesimist...

alzuaak12

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008

Hi again. I've put in a new battery and the problem is the same. i cant load all the Mobo features. Is the solution put my mobo into the trash bag :( ?

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
It may be time to giveup. Perhaps the motherboard is damaged somehow(overheated northbridge?!?)
RIP K8N PRO. You could use it with an IDE (PATA) Hard drive and still make use of it?It's probably the right time to retire it anyhow. It's not really fast enough to use on more modern software. Even a cheap budget computer would run circles around it. What are you looking at to replace it with?

TRENDING THREADS