Aegia physx worth it?

Hi, i got a Q6600 on an asus rampage formula with Crosfire on 2 4850s.

I wanted to know if that can be paired with a older physx card from aegia (i know u cant buy it anymore but i think i can get it over ebay) for improved visuals or perhaps extra FPS.

And if it would, where can i actually get drivers for that card nowdays.

Thx for help.
8 answers Last reply
More about aegia physx worth
  1. you'll need win7 so that you can use two graphics drivers, one for ATi CCC 9.7 and the other for the Nvidia Forceware driver.
  2. well i know there is an old driver for the aegia physx card alone, dont know how efective it is.
  3. not many i guess, crysis, UT3, mirrors edge
    Im just interested to know if it would give m and improvement in the games that actually use physx..
    But plz stick to the question...
  4. The PhysX card simply isn't powerful enough; it dies because of its 128bit interface. You could give it a shot, but a dedicated GeForce card works far better for PhysX.
  5. As a side: saying I had a ati card, and added an old 8600gt, could I use the 8600gt as a dedicated physx card?
  6. probablz zes gamer316 but as far as i know i cant run 3 gpus on a asus rampage formula >D. THe cost of a physx might be around 50 bucks for me, so i wanted to know if it would actually work as a physx engine with my system.
    If it could improve fps or overall visual effects on some games (like crysis for example), id spend that money with np.

However im a bit afraid to buy it, plug it in, and find out it wont even work.

so, anyone actually knows if it will work with my computer ( specs above ), and if so, how good would it be, and where can i find drivers for it.
  7. Alright calm down. It was a question that was very similar and I didnt want to spam the whole board. Maybe we should make hundreds more threads for each tiny question?
  8. I got an ageia card recently, I have just tried UT3 special maps, it is cool, it does have a recently released stand alone driver by Nvidia. It does not have CUDA though. But it will work ATI cards . I got mine used off ebay for 45.00. It was worth a try.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Physx Graphics