Sign in with
Your question

Aegia physx worth it?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2009 10:47:49 AM

Hi, i got a Q6600 on an asus rampage formula with Crosfire on 2 4850s.

I wanted to know if that can be paired with a older physx card from aegia (i know u cant buy it anymore but i think i can get it over ebay) for improved visuals or perhaps extra FPS.

And if it would, where can i actually get drivers for that card nowdays.

Thx for help.

More about : aegia physx worth

July 28, 2009 10:52:50 AM

you'll need win7 so that you can use two graphics drivers, one for ATi CCC 9.7 and the other for the Nvidia Forceware driver.
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2009 11:05:06 AM

well i know there is an old driver for the aegia physx card alone, dont know how efective it is.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2009 11:32:50 AM

not many i guess, crysis, UT3, mirrors edge
Im just interested to know if it would give m and improvement in the games that actually use physx..
But plz stick to the question...
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2009 12:13:26 PM

The PhysX card simply isn't powerful enough; it dies because of its 128bit interface. You could give it a shot, but a dedicated GeForce card works far better for PhysX.
July 28, 2009 12:15:31 PM

As a side: saying I had a ati card, and added an old 8600gt, could I use the 8600gt as a dedicated physx card?
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2009 12:25:41 PM

probablz zes gamer316 but as far as i know i cant run 3 gpus on a asus rampage formula >D. THe cost of a physx might be around 50 bucks for me, so i wanted to know if it would actually work as a physx engine with my system.
If it could improve fps or overall visual effects on some games (like crysis for example), id spend that money with np.

However im a bit afraid to buy it, plug it in, and find out it wont even work.

so, anyone actually knows if it will work with my computer ( specs above ), and if so, how good would it be, and where can i find drivers for it.
July 28, 2009 12:43:58 PM

Alright calm down. It was a question that was very similar and I didnt want to spam the whole board. Maybe we should make hundreds more threads for each tiny question?

July 28, 2009 1:17:53 PM

I got an ageia card recently, I have just tried UT3 special maps, it is cool, it does have a recently released stand alone driver by Nvidia. It does not have CUDA though. But it will work ATI cards . I got mine used off ebay for 45.00. It was worth a try.
!