Annoying (I feel like ranting this morning...)

What's worse than Maxis houses where the bedrooms are too small for
double beds? Houses where the shrubbery is situated so that gardeners
can't reach it. I've got houses crawling with weeds and overgrown
bushes, where the gardeners stand there shrugging and waving at me. And
I can't tell exactly what the problem is--the shrubs are on level
ground, easy to reach. I'd think so, at any rate. No doubt Maxis did.

Okay, now off for coffee... ;-)

--
--Cuth
6 answers Last reply

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

    > What's worse than Maxis houses where the bedrooms are too small for
    > double beds? Houses where the shrubbery is situated so that gardeners
    > can't reach it. I've got houses crawling with weeds and overgrown
    > bushes, where the gardeners stand there shrugging and waving at me. And
    > I can't tell exactly what the problem is--the shrubs are on level
    > ground, easy to reach. I'd think so, at any rate. No doubt Maxis did.
    >
    > Okay, now off for coffee... ;-)
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth

    I almost always demolish or rebuild the houses. I was building a kind
    of mock up of our own house and said to my wife, I can't make the
    kitchen and passages like ours, Sims are so dumb they'll all just
    stand waving their hands about due to the narrow widths. So my Sim
    version is a kind of Jumbo Ourhouse, with luxury toilets where the
    cupboards go :O)

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:02:46 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
    <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >What's worse than Maxis houses where the bedrooms are too small for
    >double beds? Houses where the shrubbery is situated so that gardeners
    >can't reach it. I've got houses crawling with weeds and overgrown
    >bushes, where the gardeners stand there shrugging and waving at me. And
    >I can't tell exactly what the problem is--the shrubs are on level
    >ground, easy to reach. I'd think so, at any rate. No doubt Maxis did.

    Daily gardener/no weed hack...

    I never, NEVER use Maxis houses. They're terrible!

    Laura

    Laura Castellano wrote:

    > I never, NEVER use Maxis houses. They're terrible!
    >
    > Laura

    have you ever noticed sometimes they haven't even been finished
    properly? Walls have gone unpainted or are simply missing?
    --

    Paul Heslop wrote:

    > have you ever noticed sometimes they haven't even been finished
    > properly? Walls have gone unpainted or are simply missing?

    Yes! Or as Cuth said, rooms aren't big enough to
    hold the appropriate furniture. I always build my
    hallways two squares wide, since even though Sims can
    go around each other in TS2, I have had a kid sit in the
    middle of the hall to play with his toys, blocking the
    way of everyone else who wanted to pass. I believe that
    was the *last* time I used a Maxis house, and I had already
    altered slightly it to turn the inefficient upstairs into a
    three bedroom instead of two.

    Laura

    Laura Castellano wrote:

    > Paul Heslop wrote:
    >

    > > have you ever noticed sometimes they haven't even been finished
    > > properly? Walls have gone unpainted or are simply missing?
    >
    > Yes! Or as Cuth said, rooms aren't big enough to
    > hold the appropriate furniture. I always build my
    > hallways two squares wide, since even though Sims can
    > go around each other in TS2, I have had a kid sit in the
    > middle of the hall to play with his toys, blocking the
    > way of everyone else who wanted to pass. I believe that
    > was the *last* time I used a Maxis house, and I had already
    > altered slightly it to turn the inefficient upstairs into a
    > three bedroom instead of two.
    >
    > Laura

    I just rather foolishly tried building a tenement style house, I think
    I got carried away with its three stories plus rooftop space, i think
    each of the rooms are bigger than most Maxis houses :O))

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/