Monitor help

zgilbert420

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Hi im zach

I just built a pc: cpu-e8400 hd-640gig(sata) vidcard-7900GS ram-4gig(g.skill) case-Antec300 mobo- gigabyte ep43 *use an old crt because i am a gamer*

anyways thats my set up, I put it together and when i start it up the monitor does not turn on, The video card is turns on, im like 90% sure its the f panel on the mobo i been messing with it for hours, i tryed alot of things, I am just hoping someone here will say something i have not done yet that works :lol:

Thank you, all help is VERY appreciated. * going from a stock gateway from 2001 to that set up :D *

zgilbert420

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Yes nothing show's up. and yes im using that monitor on this pc right now. Like i said, im pretty sure its the f panel on the mobo, but not sure i was messing with it alot lastnight and im still not sure where each cable go's for sure in it.(f panel)

If your monitor is plugged to the VGA output of the 7900GS and you have no signal, make sure you have the card in the correct pci-e slot. If that doesnt work then make sure the fan on the video card is spinning and try that same video card on another pc if available.... If all else fails you either have a bad monitor or a dead video card.....

zgilbert420

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Yes the monitor is plugged into the VGA output(tryed both slots aswell) yes the card is in the right slot, and yes the fan spins, ill try it on a diff pc right now, the monitor isnt bad im using it right now.