Does dell xps l502x support windows xp

kpraveen319

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
I want to dual boot with Windows 7 home premium and windows Xp . will this DELL XPS L502X laptop support that.
please help.
Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

This depends on the size of the hard disk. Right click the drive in Computer and see what the Properties say - 149Gb will indicate a 160Gb disk (don't ask - I don't get it either). If the disk is large enough to Partition into separate pieces, one for each Operating System, go ahead.

If you have a 160Gb or a 250Gb or larger, give XP about 80 and the rest to W7.

loopbak

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012

I just did. Custom XP CD with newer drivers and switching it from AHCI to ATA in the BIOS. Now that part is the easy part, most laptops work like that.. But it still failed several times but finally I got it by disabling Intel SpeedStep in the BIOS as well. The drivers aren't a big deal for me but then again I've put XP on a large amount of computer that are older than 2010. It's not easy, and this would be one of the more difficult models.

One thing I hate is the amount of people that don't know the answer but still fill up message boards with junk responses. Everybody has to have attention it seems.