This is driving me crazy.

luckychalmz

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
Okay, like I got everything going pretty well right now on my computer. The only thing that is bothering the hell out of me is that sometimes when I install something on my computer it'll put something on my SSD and I don't want it too. I only want my OS and a select group of programs on it. Every now and then I see that the capacity is going down more and more and it's irritating the crap out of me. If I have to reinstall windows and redownload everything I have downloaded to fix this I will, I don't really care. It's just driving me insane having to go into the SSD and move things constantly.

Also before someone says to just change the designation folder of the thing I am downloading, I already do that, just sometimes it's putting things on that drive anyways.

Solution
Good luck with that. These days you're lucky if the program even asks you for an install directory. Even if it does, that is no guarantee that all the files will go there. Some programs add DLL's and stuff to the system32 folder and what not. The software is programmed to do this.
Good luck with that. These days you're lucky if the program even asks you for an install directory. Even if it does, that is no guarantee that all the files will go there. Some programs add DLL's and stuff to the system32 folder and what not. The software is programmed to do this.

Solution

luckychalmz

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011

I figured if I got an answer at all, it would be something like this lol. Well I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

the_ub

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
really? is there really no good fix? ive tried the registry edit where you change the registry (hkey local machine -> software -> Microsoft -> Windows -> current version) from C: /programfilesdir and C: /Programfilesdir(X86) to the D: / drive, but that screwed with some of my windows programs, made windows think they were on the newly informed D drive instead of C.