Sign in with
Your question

MOTHERBOARD FRIED HELP!!!

Last response: in Motherboards
December 31, 2009 11:30:45 PM

I tried messing around with the voltage on my ati radeon 5850 and my computer started rebooting again and again on it's own. I put radeon 5770 to see if the problem was the gpu but that card didn't change anything. I then uninstalled the gpu driver and it seemed to work fine until I reinstalled the driver and it started all over again. This problem only happened after I tried to overclock the gpu but I figured if I uninstalled the driver along with all folders it would be fine, but now even without the driver installed the computer just freezen at the start menu.

MY BUILD-

Intel i-5
Gigabyte p55m ud4 ver.1.0
Gskill 2x2 1600's
OCZ 750w psu
Ati Radeon 5850

More about : motherboard fried

a c 435 V Motherboard
January 1, 2010 2:24:34 AM

I would reinstall windows. You may have lost a critical file, causing the rebooting. And use whatever original driver worked with your Gpu. Sometimes a newer driver causes problems. I always start with the original driver cd. If it works ok, don't update the driver.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 1, 2010 3:25:12 AM

^+1
i never update my driver if the one which came with the CD is work... :) 
m
l
Related resources
January 1, 2010 4:08:28 AM

o1die said:
I would reinstall windows. You may have lost a critical file, causing the rebooting. And use whatever original driver worked with your Gpu. Sometimes a newer driver causes problems. I always start with the original driver cd. If it works ok, don't update the driver.

I tried to reinstall windows and it just froze right in the middle of it.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 1, 2010 10:25:46 AM

Fresh install?
It better if u format your partition where the OS in it, then fresh install OS from CD/DVD...
m
l
!