Your display drivers have crashed and recovered

drkailinium

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
i keep getting the message your display drivers have crashed and recovered when playing games resulting often in CTDs i have the latest drivers for my 2x8800 GTS 512 and sli enabled they have 100% fans and run at about 50oc under stress i have already reinstalled the drivers to no avail what could the problem be?

Check the other parts of the system as well: CPU temperature, what is it and is the fan having to run flat out to keep it cool? If so it could be the problem. Swap the RAM chips around, old connections can go bad over time so moving each chip into a new slot will clean the connections (you can also do this with an ink eraser, but be gentle).
Run with only one card, perhaps one is going bad and the monitor software is not seeing it-as Neon neophyte says.

BroHamBone

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
what does CTD stand for? I have had that problem as well... It was only with specific games though. When i would quit out of L4d or even CoD4 it would blip then message my drives recovered. Tell you the truth i dont know... sometimes removing and reinstalling the cards help things settle down. I have had problems with my 5-in-1 card reader when plugged into the USB internal on the MOBO.... the card reader would make that beep noise as if something was connecting or d/cing.... i switched it to the other internal usb input and it stopped... Its just computers being computers.. :pt1cable: :lol: :love: