Trying to get old XP to work on new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebanix

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
I have recently built a new custom pc and I am trying to run windows from my old pc on the new build. I can access the BIOS menu but i get to the safe mode boot screen and when i select the a boot option it just goes to the windows splash screen and then back to the safe mode screen. Is there a way to do a repair install from the BIOS menu? I have tryed installing the motherboard drivers onto the harddrive but that did not help.
Please help!

Solution
I have recently built a new custom pc and I am trying to run windows from my old pc on the new build.

You will need to show that you are doing this project in compliance with the Microsoft End User license agreement.

Normally, the license is one license for one computer, but there are exceptions.

You can read the Microsoft license FAQ
HERE.
I have recently built a new custom pc and I am trying to run windows from my old pc on the new build.

You will need to show that you are doing this project in compliance with the Microsoft End User license agreement.

Normally, the license is one license for one computer, but there are exceptions.

You can read the Microsoft license FAQ
HERE.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.