Trishen Naidoo

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
Hello all. I would like your opinion on a crazy cooling idea I have in mind. I have a stock CPU fan and heatsink. But With if I did this

1. Have a huge fan outside the PC, and then Connected to the huge fan will be a sealed funnel directing air into a PVC pipe. The PVC pipe will divert air from the fan directly onto the CPU. Now this is just a theory and im not sure if it will work or not. I would like your feedback on my idea. Thanks in advance

Trishen

Trishen Naidoo

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
Hahaha Call me mad but I dont have any good airflow on my PC.. LoL But Im not sure if im overdoing it with my CPU to be running at 52'C under load, but maybe I think I should change my Chassis to one with better airflow..

Trishen Naidoo

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011

Case is open already.... But my chassis is such that my Power supply is letting warm air go into the chassis again, and because my Front and rear fans are Well below my Power supply.

Trishen Naidoo

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011

Lol that might no be possible on my Chassis. Will upload a picture of my Chassis and ill be able to show you where the problem is...

Trishen Naidoo

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
Ok LoL its from my facebook but here goes...
set

Above the big green fan is my Power supply unit. Under neath that power supply unit is a fan that pumps air into the Unit to cool it. Now on your right of the power supply (From that angle) there is another fan (that only works once the Power supply unit gets too hot) and I feel warm air coming out from that. There is a third fan on the power supply unit thats at the back behind where the main power is connected. No warm air can be felt from there...

BTW is a shitt camera I know (I used my iPod touch under bad lighting)/

Failbook doesn't like me, and if you remove the'' blocks, form your post it should work as a proper link :)
what you suggest may sound crazy but check my tagline, it can be done, and although the sanity may be questionable, i'm going to help as much as I can :)
/not responsible for any damage blah blah disclaimer :P
Moto

Trishen Naidoo

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011

Trishen Naidoo

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
Im going to my local PC shop today. Im going to buy some Thermal grease, another fan and some more RAM. Should i be replacing my Thermal grease everytime I take my H/s and fan out? And my Side fans wont work to improve airflow. my PSU cables are always in the way of good airflow so maybe replace the chassis? had my eye on the Alienware area 51.. but thats waaaay out of my budget lol. But I did see some other options with the vents on the top. But thermal grease and the fans are definitely on my Purchase list today

So far here's my Specs:
Intel Dual Core E5700 3Ghz CPU 800Mhz FSB
550W Power Supply (Not sure of the brand but it comes with a seperate Power supply for graphics card)
2GB 1333Mhz Hynix RAM
MSI G41-P26 Motherboard
INNO 3D 512MB Graphics Card
1x 1TB Seagate 7200 Hard drive
1X 80GB Seagate Hard drive
DVD/CD Writer Samsung Lightscribe 22X
Gazaz (Local Supplier) Chassis

I know its not the best of the best, But its all I could afford at the time on my Salary and savings. Mum and Dad didnt pay one Cent for it :) So Im proud of my machine knowing its my own build and I worked hard to get it to where it is now :pt1cable:

And now you must go bios disabled cpu smart fan you fan will spin full rpm, if it isn't working, remove case ... Ha ha ha crazy idea ..( Like follow ovrcloking competition) and No budget
than buying expensive case better to buy an
aftermarket cooler, it would obviously be better, not
necessarily by buying a new case the temperature
will drop, sorry this is just a crazy idea .. Just want help and suggestion

Trishen Naidoo

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
Ok I've broke the bank and decided to buy an Aerocool Chassis. Going on Special for about R599 :D (Approx US$ 85) With a huge fan on the side and bought another fan along with thermal grease. But when I was transfering all my components to my new Chassis, my PC refused to turn on. Everything i connected and pluged in, Power supply is working and power is running through the board. Its not the switch thats faulty cause I moved it back to my old chassis and the same thing happened... Im not sure what i've been doing wrong but someone says it might be static eletricity damage... I hope I dont have to buy a new motherboard or CPU cause I just cant afford it... and I cant even test my overclocking till or tempretures cause it refuses to turn on. I did put new thermal grease on my CPU (by removing the CPU from the socket) and I was very careful not to let it spill on any of the other components. Im really sad now cause i hope I dont have to buy a new motherboard.. and on my salary.. it might take months..

as I have said above, you don't hear attention, that
buying an aftermarket cooler would be better than
buying cases aren't necessarily lower the
temperature, Now you got a problem moving from
the old to the new case .. everything out and you try
out case is alive? not an issue if you just got to enter
into a new case. Double check the back of the motherboard don't be served until the body case, I am afraid about it , that can cause a short circuit so there is a faulty hardware component. I hope you get lucky and we wait for further progress

Trishen Naidoo

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011

Sorry man Im not understanding your english.. But Ill try to Understand a bit. Its a brand new case. I connected everything to my Motherboard and There is Power going into the mother board. I have a wired Mouse and it did light up. But the PC wont turn on.. Im not sure why.. any suggestions as to whats gone wrong? Can it be fixed? Will my Warranty cover short circuits? the entire internals were bought in April this year.. Will my Warranty cover it?

Trishen Naidoo

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
Henydiah :) Dont worry about me moving stuff from my old Case to my new one. I needed a new case anyway cause my old case was a bit bland looking and it wasnt exactly the best on the market. I did decide to go with the new case because I wanted a new look to so that isnt a bother.

But whats worrying me is I was experimenting with a an Old Pentium 4 Motherboard (Gigabyte) With overclocking and Chassis.. Was looking for the best way to manage heat Using that CPU and board. I didnt really worry if it failed or if the CPU fried cause it was someone old PC and they were going to throw it away. So I took it and made it work. I used to Run that CPU, Overclocked, NO Thermal Grease, Standard heatsink and fan and on a chassis that had very poor Cooling. But that system ran for almost a year like that until i bought this new PC which was april... How is it that a system could run like that and not have any problems and yet a newer system with apparently "better technology" Fail on me so fast... How can MSI and Intel Let me down? Bear in mind too, that that gigabyte motherboard and CPU I used to fiddle with all the time. Everyday, I used to play with the RAM sticks, take the processor in and out, Plus it was hit full on by a Subwoofer... and still that system didnt fail... :eek: I dont understand how newer systems can fail so fast... :sweat: MSI let me down :( and alot of people recommended me to buy this motherboard..

I did donate that old system to a good friend of mine who is still using the machine today... and he says it works fine. with no problems.

Trishen Naidoo

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011

Nope its still not working. Im going to see if it decides to work on my old Chassis first then i know if its my chassis thats causing the short curcuit. Then I can take it back.. if its not the chassis? Then maybe its the motherboard. But what is worrying me is it was working fine this yesterday morning, and now its just doesnt work yet there is power going through the motherboard. I have a wired mouse that lights up as soon as there is power connected. It did light up on my old chassis and even on my new one. so Im thinking maybe the motherboard has gotten faulty

Trishen Naidoo

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
Okay guys i have some good news. ITS WORKING! And that aerocool Case looks so extreme and so nice, Im so loving my PC now. I love it alot. Thanks to everyone who contributed and took the time to respond to me and help me where I was going wrong.

Now system Idle tempreture is 36'C according to HW Monitor and Im yet to try it out whilst playing Crysis. Im really happy with my machine and I love it alot. Thanks guys, Ill change my profile picture to suit my new Computer :)