Sound Card disabling second 4x pcie gpu.

apamilo

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
I was an idiot and went out and bought an Asus Xonar DX soundcard without realising my mainboard will disable or force my 4x pcie down to 1x speed when I install a soundcard on the other pcie 1x slot. I cannot return this soundcard and I certainly do not want to get rid of my second GPU so I was wondering if there are any options available to get around this? Or will I either have to get rid of the soundcard or get a new mainboard?

apamilo

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
I found the reciept for this soundcard so I can return it =[ It is going to suck having to go back to onboard sound!! Is there any other products out there that can improve my sound experience on my PC that will not take up a PCIE slot?

apamilo

Distinguished
May 23, 2011

It works perfectly fine but it disables my second gpu in my pcie 4x slot. I took it out and crossfire is working perfectly now. It even says in my manual that if I put something in that 1x slot it will either disable or slow down my 4x slot. Fortunately I can return this sound card so now maybe you guys could help me out with an alternative solution to increase sound quality on my pc?

Btw my mainboard is a gigabyte p67A UD3R.

apamilo

Distinguished
May 23, 2011

The top pcie slot 16x is taken up by a gpu and the bottom 4x is also taken up by another gpu. The only pcie slot available is the 1x one at the top above all my cards. My bottom card is a 3 slot GPU and takes up ALL my room at the bottom so unfortunaly that slot is out of the picture.

Sorry about your luck!
Maybe buy a better board next time that actually has real crossfire x8x8.
If you want to use 2x gpu.
I'd move the 3 slot gpu into the main pcie x16slot then.
Open the bottom pci for soundcard.

TRENDING THREADS