AMD board/cpu, Nvidia Chipset, can I?

Motherboard says it all. I am looking at buying an am3 motherboard but I would like to purchase an Nvidia graphics card problably.. Is there any problems with this..? I don't know if I'll ever run SLI, but just as a single card is my concern. It has a 790FX chipset... I'm mainly after PhysX if I can.. I don't want to buy 2 cards because... Franky that would defeat the purpose of me saving money with AMD :-)
6 answers Last reply
More about board nvidia chipset
  1. Nvidia cards work fine on AMD chipset boards they will not run in SLI though since the boards only support crossfire.
  2. Yeah, u will be fine with that setup, also a single powerful card solution is better, less heat, less power needed and not spend more money to CF or SLI... :)
  3. Could you run two nvidia cards on a CF board if you are using one as strictly a physX card? I am mostly just clarifying here.

The main reason to do this, is that physX is very taxing on the gpu and has a large FPS hit, but you could put in a low end physX card with a good one to render.
  4. This is a good question as well, and the next in my arsenal. So somebody, please do tell!

:bounce:
  5. If people can have 2xHD5xxx cards in crossfire and a dedicated nvidia card as physx card I don't see that as a problem.
  6. You can run the rig without problems, actually I have a 790FX mobo, with a GTX260 and i don't have any problem.

Now, the problem could be if you want do a SLI, the AMD chipset only support X-Fire or PhysX.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Chipsets Nvidia