TWO Operating Systems

I just installed Windows XP Home. Previously, my OS was
Windows 2000 Pro. My intent was to abandon Windows 2000.
Now at boot, I have to choose which OS I want to run. I'd
like to erase all of Win2000 but am unable to do so. When
I run MSCONFIG I see a command referencing Windows 2000 in
the Boot.ini file. How do I edit Boot.ini? Can I erase
that line?
1 answer Last reply
More about operating systems

    Ken, check here. http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#two He
    talks about two instances of
    XP but the procedure is the same for Win2k.
    "Ken Paulsen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I just installed Windows XP Home. Previously, my OS was
    > Windows 2000 Pro. My intent was to abandon Windows 2000.
    > Now at boot, I have to choose which OS I want to run. I'd
    > like to erase all of Win2000 but am unable to do so. When
    > I run MSCONFIG I see a command referencing Windows 2000 in
    > the Boot.ini file. How do I edit Boot.ini? Can I erase
    > that line?

Configuration Windows 2000 Boot Windows XP