Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Amd overdrive question

Last response: in Overclocking
July 22, 2011 11:24:37 PM

hey guys,
i have a rather nooby question. In amd overdrive, next to the core/mem clock sliders there is a power control slider. Is that the same as adjusting the voltage or is it entirely different. Also can pushing the slider too far (+20%) ruin my pair of hd 6950s? :??: 

More about : amd overdrive question

a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
a c 280 K Overclocking
July 24, 2011 12:49:09 AM

I'd suggest you don't use AOD and use MSI Afterburner, more easy to use and much better.
August 20, 2011 7:36:35 AM

saint19 said:
I'd suggest you don't use AOD and use MSI Afterburner, more easy to use and much better.

Yes but isnt the +20% thing only on amd overdrive? It does increase performance. Is there such a slider in MSI Afterburner?
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
August 20, 2011 3:55:35 PM

Software OCing SUCKS PERIOD!!!! .....AOD uninstall it immediately OP.....If your gonna OC the vid cards then software is fine CCC, MSI AB, and etc........like the above poster said fiddling with voltages can be deadly to your hardware if you don't know what your doing
a b K Overclocking
August 20, 2011 4:29:46 PM

Gimmick hell its more like a virus.....lmao....
a b K Overclocking
August 20, 2011 4:51:29 PM

AOD programmed by Dr. Kavorkian..... :lol:  :lol:  :pt1cable:  ....They need to put a sticky up on the forum...title "Assisted Suicide:AOD"
a b K Overclocking
August 20, 2011 5:07:48 PM

I SECOND that on the sub section on the dangers of Software OCing programs

OC through the BIOS

UNINSTALL THE AMD OVERDRIVE PROGRAM AND FORGET IT EVEN EXISTED

I hope the OP gets the message...

a b K Overclocking
August 20, 2011 5:26:47 PM

Yeah, Afterburner is the best OCing program for the GPU....CCC is OK but it doesn't allow for voltage adjustments to be made
a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
a c 280 K Overclocking
August 20, 2011 11:12:29 PM

Please check the threads date before reply.
!