WC, no leak, losing liquid

rraannddoo

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
I assembled my first water cooling system in May, I made sure there was no air bubble, titled left and and right on 90 degree, left only pump on for 24 hours. After that my liquid wasnt decreasing untill recently. I lost like 25% of my liquid in the res, so i refiled it then after couple of day i lost 15% of my liquid. Also i notice my system is producing air bubbles (i keep seeing air bubble from the outtake valve). I'm sure if there was a leak, my com would be fried long time ago.

Any suggestion why this is happening?

PS: i got black holes so, i can only see air bubble in the res.

My only thought from the start was that the pipe expands when it get hot,but it doesnt seem to be case....

badtaylorx

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
as long as you used distilled water or a proper non conductive...... just because you have not had eletrical shorts does not mean a leak is not present.... if bubbles are present that at the very least means air is getting into your pump...if your leak is right on your cpu or gpu it may be small and slow enough that it is just evaporating...

the other possibility is that you just didnt get all the air out dispite your efforts.

Air can get trapped pretty much anywhere. I sat for 15 minutes shaking my case back to front, side to side, and even each individual tube, and I still had air. It can even get stuck in some of the blocks.

If you still think you're leaking, look for water and feel around the fittings for water. I've heard of some tubes evaporating liquid (really crappy tubing), but it wouldn't happen suddenly like this.

rraannddoo

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009

I was tilting it for around good 1 hour, until i got tired, left it rest for 24 hours. For couple of month the liquid amount didn't decrease until this month. Everytime i start the computer (leaving for couple of hours off), theres a large amount of air coming out into the res.

I think i found the leak, It was hard to spot, The leak is coming from the pump[MCP655] (not connecting holes) itself around the bottom.

TRENDING THREADS