Sign in with
Your question

Antec Kuhler H20 920 Dashboard query

Last response: in Overclocking
July 23, 2011 11:28:15 PM

Hello all,

I have just installed H20 920, as an easy out of the box fix for temps in OC'ng my i5 2500k to 4700MHz. I have found it to be pretty good and am happyin that respect. I have however just noticed that the dashboard programme is no longer reporting Fan speed ( I can hear and see the fan is spinning) or Decibels. Now I am new to this sport, and I wondered if anyone has any idea's as to how I can address this bug.

To date I have reinstalled the driver from the CD that came with the Cooler. Any idea's anyone??

More about : antec kuhler h20 920 dashboard query

July 24, 2011 8:15:38 AM

Dear Moderator,

Please close this thread, I have found the cause of my problem. It may be useful to others doing their first install of the Antec Kuhler H2O 920 though.

When you install the new cooler, make sure you go to the Bios and switch your CPU Fan setting to FULL. I had mine set on Auto and therefore it did not supply power to the fans at idle temps, thus although my fans were spinning at idle it must have been at less than 100rpm on some back ground voltage.

Once I changed the setting to full I had complete control over the coolooing system vis the dashboard desktop facility.

regards
Lex
m
l
!