Sign in with
Your question

Desktop icons won't work

Last response: in Windows XP
December 16, 2011 2:28:38 PM

hey! i was wondering if maybe you could solve my problem:

I've recently started to have a problem were my desktop icons won't work, they don't entirely load. i mean, the name is there but the icons are all the same, like a white square with a blue line on the top. when ever i try to click on them the computer freezes.. if i try to click on the start botton, it also freezes, and the same happens when i right click on the screen.. i don't know what to do..

if i start my computer in safe mode, everything works fine but i would really like to get this problem fixed, PLEASE HELP ME!

More about : desktop icons work

December 17, 2011 12:28:40 AM

melicantini said:
hey! i was wondering if maybe you could solve my problem:

I've recently started to have a problem were my desktop icons won't work, they don't entirely load. i mean, the name is there but the icons are all the same, like a white square with a blue line on the top. when ever i try to click on them the computer freezes.. if i try to click on the start botton, it also freezes, and the same happens when i right click on the screen.. i don't know what to do..

if i start my computer in safe mode, everything works fine but i would really like to get this problem fixed, PLEASE HELP ME!

While you are in safe mode, select a recovery optio, like "last known good configuration" for example.

If you have a Windows CD, run sfc /scannow, or do a repair install.
m
l
!