Feb 3, 2011
ok its my old gaming rig....
asus M2N-MX SE plus
cpu amd 5000 blackedtion
2 1gg of ddr2 800mhz
450 watt ultra pro psu
3 harddrives
ati all in wonder hd video card

system has been up for 6 months now as a server (on 24/7) it was a gaming rig for 2 years before that. well for the last 6 months its been around 95f with utorrent running and watching a show on bs player.......now for the last 3 days its at 110f doing the same thing!!! no thing has change for clock settings... everything has been cleaned...i plug the side case fan in to the case fan plug on the mombo to check rpms and outer case fans are still running 3200rpms cpu main fan is 3000rpms with no change to room temps!!! and its still up by 15 degrese. system is still stable...no BSOD, no funny restarts.....i want to make sure every thing is good.....what sould i do?

smokerob79

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
did that the first day it was at 115f all day, along with cleaning everything....the heat sink has been changed about 4 times over the life of this rig but the new one has been on it the hole 6 months... current cpu cooler is a rosewill
sould have put that in the first post sorry

side note...... its not my first rodeo, ive built some where around 30 gaming rigs and referbed over 50 computers in just the last 3 years!!!
and ive never had one go up without the usual things like dirty heat sink, old dryed thermal snot, fan losing rpms or dirty, wires falling in the way, motherboard losing 12v to cpu fan plug......all of its good, the same as the first day i ran it as a server.......one other thing that makes me think its a bad sensor....when running viris scans with cpu would run around 40% load, system would hit 110f well it just stays at 110 and does NOT go up when going from 10% to 40% load but if it goes past 40% cpu stays in the normal temps for what im doing PLUS the memory is staying the same(cpu fan blows on chips) if the cpu realy goes over 100f memory temp would hit 95f but there still at 86f???? even the cpu heat sink is cool to the touch....ive even tryed stock speeds(2.6 with 1.3v) and still 110f for a full day...went back to 3.0 at 1.38v same 110f

TRENDING THREADS