Sign in with
Your question

Windows xp wont load

Last response: in Windows XP
December 16, 2011 5:38:10 PM

Hello,

the motherboard logo pops up then the 4 white flashing bars. after that it goes black and just stays like that. i have entered the bios and tried to change boot orders and that didn't help. Also this computer was working and just suddenly one day this started. so i know it can run xp but isn't. i have also tried starting it from the last know working point and that also didn't work. at this point i am looking for a second opion because i think it is the hard drive crashing. I can get to the bios and all that so i know the motherboard is working, i can see picture so i know the video card is working. Can it be the memory that would cause this or is it a broken hard drive?

More about : windows wont load

December 16, 2011 8:53:49 PM

skrilldoe said:
Hello,

the motherboard logo pops up then the 4 white flashing bars. after that it goes black and just stays like that. i have entered the bios and tried to change boot orders and that didn't help. Also this computer was working and just suddenly one day this started. so i know it can run xp but isn't. i have also tried starting it from the last know working point and that also didn't work. at this point i am looking for a second opion because i think it is the hard drive crashing. I can get to the bios and all that so i know the motherboard is working, i can see picture so i know the video card is working. Can it be the memory that would cause this or is it a broken hard drive?

To check HDD:
1) listen to it...is it spinning up?
2) is the access LED flickering?
3) you say you can access the BIOS...does the drive show in the drive list?
4) download the 'Gparted' iso and burn it to a CD...boot to it...does the drive show up here?

If the answer to any of these questions is yes, probably a bad HDD.
m
l
!