Sign in with
Your question

AV Looking Cases need much input!!!

Last response: in Components
October 8, 2009 6:33:31 PM

Ok so I am looking for an AV looking case whether it be a HTPC case or SFF one under 200 USD. So I would like as many people as possible to chime in on what they think is the best looking AV Case under 200 buckaroos.

The floor is yours ladies & Gents. :bounce: 

More about : cases input

a c 248 ) Power supply
October 8, 2009 7:02:54 PM

Use google to search for htpc case reviews and sff case reviews.

Quite often case selection is a matter of personal preference, especially when it comes to looks.
October 8, 2009 10:15:44 PM

Thanks johnny.

I've done a google searched an looked at a ton of htpc cases but most of the cases out there are a little bit older and have no reviews or have been tested with the new graphics cards. The ability to or not to fit certain items is a big concern as well. I think I will end up going with a 4850 GPU but finding a HTPC case that will actually allow the gpu to fit is going to be pretty hard. So to better clarify my question i guess...

Anyone have experience with a HTPC case less than 200 bucks that will allow for a 4850 GPU 1g. thanks
a b ) Power supply
October 9, 2009 2:49:36 AM

I use a Zalman HD160XT case that meets your spec, but that's a bit out of your desired price range.

Take a look at this Lian-Li case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Worst case, you could remove the 140mm "front" fan and plug in an 80mm. That would allow the vid card to sneak by the side of the fan.
!