Sign in with
Your question
Solved

SetFSB not working?

Last response: in Overclocking
July 25, 2011 7:58:04 PM

So I have a HP G71-340US that uses a Core 2 Duo T6600 that runs at 2.2 Ghz... I would like to bump it up maybe to 2.5 Ghz... I tried SetFSB and found a working PLL but when I raise the sliders there is no change! I even put it at max... and the clock speed didn't change. Help?

More about : setfsb working

a c 172 à CPUs
a c 197 K Overclocking
July 25, 2011 8:13:39 PM

Just as well that SetFSB Is not working. It is not a good idea to try to overclock a laptop.
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
July 25, 2011 8:20:06 PM

Well, if you're getting frustrated I wouldn't set it to max just to see if it works. Lol. You could do some serious damage to your system that way.

I haven't used SetFSB before, but maybe the it doesn't support the CPU that you're using? Also, since it's a laptop and they aren't really known for overclocking (in comparison to PC mobos), there could be a lock in your BOIS of your CPU speed. A lot of the times laptops have OC profiles instead of you actually being about to manually change the CPU multiplier.
Related resources
August 4, 2011 2:01:53 AM

Best answer selected by eyoon.
m
l
November 17, 2011 8:28:07 AM

eyoon said:
So I have a HP G71-340US that uses a Core 2 Duo T6600 that runs at 2.2 Ghz... I would like to bump it up maybe to 2.5 Ghz... I tried SetFSB and found a working PLL but when I raise the sliders there is no change! I even put it at max... and the clock speed didn't change. Help?

Hi, just of curiosity, cause I'm having the same problem (same CPU and software), what PLL have you found?
m
l
!