Sign in with
Your question

Unlock dvd password

Last response: in Storage
April 2, 2011 6:43:28 PM

How do I unlick a Dell Dvd-Rom drive that is password protected?

More about : unlock dvd password

a c 94 G Storage
April 2, 2011 8:41:15 PM

is this computer attached to a Domain Network?
m
l
April 3, 2011 1:11:08 AM

No, this is a stand alone laptop and I was adding a DVD drive to it. I'm running XP on a Dell M70. It has the Dbay style Drive to allow quick interchange of drive types. I was testing these drives I just bought to use in another 2 laptops and 1 worked and self installed fine but the second kept asking for a password.I never ran into this situation before.
m
l
Related resources
April 11, 2011 12:04:48 AM

Emerald said:
is this computer attached to a Domain Network?

No, this is a stand alone laptop and I was adding a DVD drive to it. I'm running XP on a Dell M70. It has the Dbay style Drive to allow quick interchange of drive types. I was testing these drives I just bought to use in another 2 laptops and 1 worked and self installed fine but the second kept asking for a password.I never ran into this situation before.

m
l
a c 300 G Storage
April 11, 2011 6:29:58 PM

cruzin95 said:
How do I unlick a Dell Dvd-Rom drive that is password protected?

Just don't lick it in the first place. If it was licked, clean it with a slightly damp lint-free cloth.
m
l
April 12, 2011 5:42:34 PM

WyomingKnott said:
Just don't lick it in the first place. If it was licked, clean it with a slightly damp lint-free cloth.

Get a life. ever made a typo?
m
l
a c 300 G Storage
April 12, 2011 5:55:26 PM

cruzin95 said:
Get a life. ever made a typo?

Frequently, and sometimes I get a good laugh out of them. One of my favorites is the salutation "Dead colleagues" instead of "Dear colleagues." It passes spell checking! And very few of my dead colleagues have responded to these emails.

Sorry that I gave offense where I was just trying to joke.
m
l
!