Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Windows 7 - No Display?

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
May 6, 2009 3:09:40 PM

I had the Beta working OK for a few weeks then it suddenly stopped working. I boot up, i get the windows logo loading screen then the screen suddenly loses all input and gives a "no input" message. I downloaded and installed the RC (fresh install) and the same thing happens. Any one got any idea's?

E7300
ASUS P5Q SE
Radeon 4870
4GB OCZ RAM

More about : windows display

May 7, 2009 7:55:39 AM

Do you get the "no input" message from your computer, or your display? Also, are you sure you downloaded the ATI drivers built specifically for Windows 7?
Score
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
May 7, 2009 8:00:45 AM

The no input detected is from my monitor. It comes with the message then shuts down. I'll download the newest drivers. That's probably the issue because it would start in safe mode fine before. The problem now is that wont even work because apparently the install isn't finished :( 
Score
Related resources
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
May 7, 2009 8:10:14 AM

So I tried installing the drivers for win 7 64 but of course I cant actually get into win 7 to do this, and it wont work from XP as its not a 64 bit OS....
Score

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
May 7, 2009 6:16:39 PM

simple, press F8 after the post screen and when the boot menu appears select enable VGA mode and if that does not work try safe mode
!