Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Sims 2 University Problem

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 11, 2005 2:24:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Sim cooking, fire starts, won't go out. Fire department comes, fire fighter
gets out but doesn't move. Fire spreads but never seems to go out. Sims
begin catching on fire. Did I download something corrupted? Help. I hate
to reinstall.

Thanks
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 4:50:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Mary wrote:
>
> Sim cooking, fire starts, won't go out. Fire department comes, fire fighter
> gets out but doesn't move. Fire spreads but never seems to go out. Sims
> begin catching on fire. Did I download something corrupted? Help. I hate
> to reinstall.
>
> Thanks

if you think it's a corrupt download and you've installed them
recently simply delete them from your download folder
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
-------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 7:56:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Mary wrote:
> Sim cooking, fire starts, won't go out. Fire department comes, fire
> fighter gets out but doesn't move. Fire spreads but never seems to
> go out. Sims begin catching on fire. Did I download something
> corrupted? Help. I hate to reinstall.
>
> Thanks

Fires never go out on their own. They must be extinguished, either by a sim
with a fire extinguisher or the firemen and their hose. Is there something
in the way so that the fireman cannot get into the house? Did you save the
game after the fire or did you quit without saving?

If you quit without saving, try pausing your game as soon as you reenter the
house and take a good look at the whole area out front. Is there a fence?
Gate blocked? Garbage can kicked over right in front of where the fire
truck was? Have you played this house for very long? Are you sure there is
nothing blocking easy access to the stove in the kitchen? If, for instance,
you have a Ushaped kitchen with only one square in front of the stove, the
fireman cannot get to it when the sim is there jumping up and down and
screaming.

If all else fails, you can always move the family out and bulldoze the lot.
Perhaps something has corrupted your entrance portals or something. That
sometimes happens for no good reason.

Jeanie
Related resources
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 10:31:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:50:27 GMT, Paul Heslop
<paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>if you think it's a corrupt download and you've installed them
>recently simply delete them from your download folder

Or move your hacks to another directory outside Sims 2, restart, cause
a fire, see what happens.
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 10:31:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>
> On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:50:27 GMT, Paul Heslop
> <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >if you think it's a corrupt download and you've installed them
> >recently simply delete them from your download folder
>
> Or move your hacks to another directory outside Sims 2, restart, cause
> a fire, see what happens.

yup, good point
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
-------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
June 12, 2005 8:22:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:42AADDFD.892E5357@blueyonder.co.uk...
> Mary wrote:
>>
>> Sim cooking, fire starts, won't go out. Fire department comes, fire
>> fighter
>> gets out but doesn't move. Fire spreads but never seems to go out. Sims
>> begin catching on fire. Did I download something corrupted? Help. I
>> hate
>> to reinstall.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> if you think it's a corrupt download and you've installed them
> recently simply delete them from your download folder
> --
Thanks for the help. It's something weird because the fire resides in
something like a moon. The moon starts like a full moon, goes to half moon,
etc. It's happening on all my lots so I bet when I downloaded a house I
picked up something. Sniff, sniff...I guess I'll reinstall.
June 12, 2005 8:24:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Guardian Pegasus"
<Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
in message news:7e4ma1ptf0h102icdm5ch3gao5429j4gf0@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:50:27 GMT, Paul Heslop
> <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>if you think it's a corrupt download and you've installed them
>>recently simply delete them from your download folder
>
> Or move your hacks to another directory outside Sims 2, restart, cause
> a fire, see what happens.

Well, I responded to Paul that I was going to reinstall but I might try
removing hacks first. Thanks again.
June 12, 2005 8:27:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
news:qQDqe.45508$xm3.29138@attbi_s21...
> Mary wrote:
>> Sim cooking, fire starts, won't go out. Fire department comes, fire
>> fighter gets out but doesn't move. Fire spreads but never seems to
>> go out. Sims begin catching on fire. Did I download something
>> corrupted? Help. I hate to reinstall.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Fires never go out on their own. They must be extinguished, either by a
> sim
> with a fire extinguisher or the firemen and their hose. Is there
> something
> in the way so that the fireman cannot get into the house? Did you save
> the
> game after the fire or did you quit without saving?
>
> If you quit without saving, try pausing your game as soon as you reenter
> the
> house and take a good look at the whole area out front. Is there a fence?
> Gate blocked? Garbage can kicked over right in front of where the fire
> truck was? Have you played this house for very long? Are you sure there
> is
> nothing blocking easy access to the stove in the kitchen? If, for
> instance,
> you have a Ushaped kitchen with only one square in front of the stove, the
> fireman cannot get to it when the sim is there jumping up and down and
> screaming.
>
> If all else fails, you can always move the family out and bulldoze the
> lot.
> Perhaps something has corrupted your entrance portals or something. That
> sometimes happens for no good reason.
>
> Jeanie
>
Thanks for the detailed response. My problem is on all lots, in all
neighborhoods. The fireman comes, gets out of truck, and then stands there.
The last thing I did was download some houses from thesimsresource and maybe
I picked up something. I did finally get "mom sim" to put out the fire but
it took like 4 hours. It looks cool but it also greys out build/buy mode so
I can't delete the stove.
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 2:31:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Mary wrote:
>
> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:42AADDFD.892E5357@blueyonder.co.uk...
> > Mary wrote:
> >>
> >> Sim cooking, fire starts, won't go out. Fire department comes, fire
> >> fighter
> >> gets out but doesn't move. Fire spreads but never seems to go out. Sims
> >> begin catching on fire. Did I download something corrupted? Help. I
> >> hate
> >> to reinstall.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >
> > if you think it's a corrupt download and you've installed them
> > recently simply delete them from your download folder
> > --
> Thanks for the help. It's something weird because the fire resides in
> something like a moon. The moon starts like a full moon, goes to half moon,
> etc. It's happening on all my lots so I bet when I downloaded a house I
> picked up something. Sniff, sniff...I guess I'll reinstall.

I would certainly try removing the mods first, mary. I've also found,
sadly, that sometimes I have to demolish a lot completely to return it
to a nice clean one with no flaws. I've had a few little things which
needed this. Unwanted live in guests who appeared from nowhere in one
house and acted like my sims but I had no control over them, so they
couldn't feed themselves and had no beds etc. Tv screens which didn't
work and a couple of other bugs i can't recall. Hopefully you won't
have to go that far but if you do decide to reinstall and keep your
saved games you may find the problem is still there when you start
back up again.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
-------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
June 13, 2005 6:52:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:42AC0F04.CBE5C1B6@blueyonder.co.uk...
> Mary wrote:
>>
>> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:42AADDFD.892E5357@blueyonder.co.uk...
>> > Mary wrote:
>> >>
>> >> Sim cooking, fire starts, won't go out. Fire department comes, fire
>> >> fighter
>> >> gets out but doesn't move. Fire spreads but never seems to go out.
>> >> Sims
>> >> begin catching on fire. Did I download something corrupted? Help. I
>> >> hate
>> >> to reinstall.
>> >>
>> >> Thanks
>> >
>> > if you think it's a corrupt download and you've installed them
>> > recently simply delete them from your download folder
>> > --
>> Thanks for the help. It's something weird because the fire resides in
>> something like a moon. The moon starts like a full moon, goes to half
>> moon,
>> etc. It's happening on all my lots so I bet when I downloaded a house I
>> picked up something. Sniff, sniff...I guess I'll reinstall.
>
> I would certainly try removing the mods first, mary. I've also found,
> sadly, that sometimes I have to demolish a lot completely to return it
> to a nice clean one with no flaws. I've had a few little things which
> needed this. Unwanted live in guests who appeared from nowhere in one
> house and acted like my sims but I had no control over them, so they
> couldn't feed themselves and had no beds etc. Tv screens which didn't
> work and a couple of other bugs i can't recall. Hopefully you won't
> have to go that far but if you do decide to reinstall and keep your
> saved games you may find the problem is still there when you start
> back up again.
>
> --
> Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")

I'm removing hacks/mods tonight. If that doesn't work will reinstall
(without keeping saved games...thanks for that added tip).
!