Sign in with
Your question

PC freezing and random blue screen win7 64

Last response: in Windows 7
September 27, 2011 4:31:53 PM

Hello,

Recently my pc has been freezing and windows stops responding. The only way I can get the pc to come back on is by unplugging the cables for about 10 mins and trying to turn it back on, even then I sometimes get disk read errors. Does anyone know what's going on with my pc?

September 27, 2011 4:52:23 PM

It could be any number of issues with either the hard drive or the hard drive controller. In any case more information about the specific system specification would be pretty critical in trying to discover anything about a root cause of your issue. Please include all of the specific details of your system when asking this types of question as it will make it possible to be able to give more detailed information.

I know I have had a similar issue with my system, which while it did not require unplugging the computer did require a cold boot (turn off turn back on instead of just restart). Issue was caused by a known problem with the controller for the SDD that I used for my OS. They just released a firmware update to address he issue and so far it has worked to correct the problem. Again if you don't have a SDD with your OS and a drive with a sandforce controller then... Issue could be any number of other things.
!