Sign in with
Your question

Toshiba Tecra M2 screen problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 30, 2009 2:49:01 PM

Hi,
i have got a tecra m2 the problem is video to the screen, when i turn it on the screen lights up but no video, also there are a couple of faint lines on it, if i plug in external monitor it works on that, is it likely to be graphics card problem or somthing els.
Thank's
May 4, 2011 6:12:22 AM

Did anyone ever figure out what this issue was? I have the exact same issue. I have several of these laptops for parts, and managed to put a couple of them together to fully functioning units. After several months of usage, my personal unit had a screen failure; it had several colored lines running vertically on the screen with a backlit display, but no image. I tried swapping parts with the wife's working laptop, but that was a BIG MISTAKE!!! For some reason, something in mine caused her lcd to fail. I also attempted to swap in other components (LCD's, Inverter boards, and LCD cables) from parts machines, but have had no luck. I now have two units that will give a strong backlight on the display, and a perfect display on an external monitor, but no display on the native LCD screen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

colmich1 said:
Hi,
i have got a tecra m2 the problem is video to the screen, when i turn it on the screen lights up but no video, also there are a couple of faint lines on it, if i plug in external monitor it works on that, is it likely to be graphics card problem or somthing els.
Thank's

!