Intell Quad Core Q6600
Asus P5N-E SLI
Corsair TX650
HP w2207 HDMI
Ati Asus HD4890
500GB SATAII 7200RPM 16MB Cache 250GB Seagate SATAII
Zalman CNPS10X Extreme
January 3, 2010 1:56:20 PM

Damn it that means ill have to return it :S and get a 800mhz ram instead is there a big difference performance wise i imagine theres a big one ?!
Related resources
January 3, 2010 2:08:59 PM

Thx for the reply i knew there was someway around it but then the motherboard looses stability or something.
I just bought the 800mhz version too Crucial 4GB 800mhz ballistix, just to back up incase the dominator wouldnt work,but if theres a way to run the dominator id definately go for tht option.
Im knew to overcloking ram i know its done threw the bios but am not sure at all hw its done when it comes to voltages and timings . =(
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 135 V Motherboard
January 3, 2010 2:23:10 PM

delluser1 said:
Corsair guarantee's that it will
http://corsair.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id...

I only tried 2x1 on mine and had no problem, just make sure to manually set the voltage and timings.

Thanks for the link,i think ASUS needs to update their site too :D 
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 135 V Motherboard
January 3, 2010 2:24:48 PM

xsperten said:
Thx for the reply i knew there was someway around it but then the motherboard looses stability or something.
I just bought the 800mhz version too Crucial 4GB 800mhz ballistix, just to back up incase the dominator wouldnt work,but if theres a way to run the dominator id definately go for tht option.
Im knew to overcloking ram i know its done threw the bios but am not sure at all hw its done when it comes to voltages and timings . =(

Don't worry,the difference between DDR2 800 and 1066 isn't much also most DDR2 800 RAMs have lower timings than 1066 models,that Crucial Ballistix you chose is a good choice :) 
a b V Motherboard
January 3, 2010 2:33:38 PM

You're welcome Maziar.
As for Ballistix, used to love 'em till I lost 3 sets to my P5N-E's.
January 3, 2010 3:23:54 PM

Brilliant i was just about to flash my bios in order to change the voltage and all but seemed a bit dodgy as i never done it before and the bios is locked :S
Thx guys for the help i think i should just stick with the ballistix :D 
Last question =), if my bios is locked how do i unlock it , when i mean locked i cant do anyovercloking via the bios . I bought the pc in pc world and so they probably locked the bios for they own sake.
Theres hardly anything i can do in the bios apart from checking the pc health status and changing the boot settings :S

Thx to you guys for the help ! :D 
!