Sign in with
Your question

How to remove write protection from drive h:

Last response: in Windows XP
December 17, 2011 3:59:51 PM

Their is a error occuring when i paste any file in drive h: of memory card . Error shows that your drive is write protected and you can not paste any item in your memory card. Plz help me to fix this problem..........!!!!!!!!
a b \ Driver
December 17, 2011 5:14:47 PM

Sagar329 said:
Their is a error occuring when i paste any file in drive h: of memory card . Error shows that your drive is write protected and you can not paste any item in your memory card. Plz help me to fix this problem..........!!!!!!!!

Do you already have files on the drive ?
If not, try formating the drive.

m
l
December 18, 2011 10:27:29 AM

i tried it bt an errror is occuring......!!!!!!!!!
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
December 18, 2011 12:59:31 PM

Sagar329 said:
i tried it bt an errror is occuring......!!!!!!!!!

Well, what is the error ?
m
l
December 21, 2011 4:35:25 PM

ksiemb said:

The error is " invalid file system ". I am unable to fix my problem. Plz help me........
m
l
December 21, 2011 4:36:03 PM

ksiemb said:

The error is " invalid file system ". I am unable to fix my problem. Plz help me........
m
l
December 21, 2011 4:36:53 PM

ksiemb said:

m
l
December 21, 2011 6:41:35 PM

Sagar329 said:

right click on the H: drive choose format then choose NTFS it will ask you if this is what u want to do state yes..... however if you have any information or files stored on the H: it will remove and write over the documents or files....
m
l
a b \ Driver
December 21, 2011 6:54:58 PM

Sagar329 said:

Try converting the file system.

Get yourself to a command prompt:
Click Start, Run, type CMD
Now type convert h: /FS:fat32

H is the drive letter of your drive.
fat32 is the file system (usually for USB pen drives)
m
l
December 23, 2011 2:53:29 PM

ksiemb said:
Do you already have files on the drive ?
If not, try formating the drive.

I also tried formatting the drive bt error is occuring that your disk is write protected . The title of error is sprtcmd.exe and it tells to remove write protection from volume of the drive......
m
l
a b \ Driver
December 23, 2011 5:39:42 PM

Sagar329 said:
I also tried formatting the drive bt error is occuring that your disk is write protected . The title of error is sprtcmd.exe and it tells to remove write protection from volume of the drive......

Don't jump in on someone elses post, with your problem. It makes resolution confusing with more than one issue being addressed. Start your own post.

sprtcmd.exe is a DELL support module, and should have nothing to do
with formatting.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os...
m
l
!