Gateway SX2800 mobo?

venturebrower

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
Can anyone tell me whether the Gateway SX2800 does, in fact, have a micro ATX board? I'm pretty certain it is, but I can't find it in print anywhere. I want to be 100% sure before I order a new case to move everything over to. I've got my eye on the Cooler Master SGC-2000-KKN1-GP case, but I have concerns about the backplate on my existing mobo mating up to it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

venturebrower

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009

Great! Thanks. How do you tell the difference? Is it printed on the board? Or is there a certain dimension range that makes them micro?

Spectre6

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
I'm trying to connect an extra cpu fan to this motherboard. Is their an additional fan connection on the motherboard or does it need to come directly from the psu?

venturebrower

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009

Your best bet is to go from the psu. I have (2) 120mm fans (led) connected in parallel to the one sysfan plug on that mobo, simply because I wanted to monitor the rpm. It seems to handle the load with no problem. But still, the safer bet is probably the power supply.

Here's a video showing the fan plug toward the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C92ongmeipY

Hope this helps.