Keep "saving" the game next Tuesday!

Having had my own game suddenly closed down in the past you might like to be
warned that Microsoft have TEN update patches that they are going to
download on the 14th June (if you are on automatic updating)!

I lost an hour's building work which made me so mad I turned the option off.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/advance.mspx

Skeats
6 answers Last reply
More about keep saving game tuesday

    Fizziwig2 wrote:
    > Having had my own game suddenly closed down in the past you might
    > like to be warned that Microsoft have TEN update patches that they
    > are going to download on the 14th June (if you are on automatic
    > updating)!
    >
    > I lost an hour's building work which made me so mad I turned the
    > option off.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/advance.mspx
    >
    > Skeats

    I've had my automatic updates turned off ever since my last reformat and
    reinstall of Windows.

    Jeanie

    Thanks for the heads up, I just turned auto-update off.
    Mazz

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 16:00:17 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

    >> I lost an hour's building work which made me so mad I turned the
    >> option off.
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/advance.mspx
    >>
    >> Skeats
    >
    >I've had my automatic updates turned off ever since my last reformat and
    >reinstall of Windows.

    Me too. But anyway, can't you click restart later? Or is that only
    with SP1 or 2?

    "Guardian Pegasus"
    <Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
    in message news:jg4ma11b3jl51p74ldd2rgq90d67i3vehk@4ax.com...

    > Me too. But anyway, can't you click restart later? Or is that only
    > with SP1 or 2?

    In my case I lost everything after the last "save". It might be a case of
    memory overload though and might not happen in all cases.
    The Microsoft Antispyware beta program is a real bully in that respect. It
    also kept resetting itself to update and run even when I thought that I had
    turned the function off. A real memory hog.

    Skeats

    how do i turn it off
    "

    "PIPER" <lewis@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > how do i turn it off
    > "

    You must be logged on as the Administrator of the computer.

    The best way to get there is........................in order of your panel
    choices........

    Start panel, Settings panel, Control Panel, System.

    Then click on the "Automatic Updates" label. You can change the options
    there.

    As you seem not to know much about this I suggest you tick the "Tell me but
    don't automatically download" box as at least one is critical and important
    to install.

    You can then download them when you are not doing anything that you don't
    want interrupted.

    Newbies to computers should probably always be on Automatic updating as it
    keeps the rest of us happy and virus free! ;-))

    hth

    Skeats

Sims Games Microsoft Video Games