Sign in with
Your question

Best cooling fans and heatsinks?

Last response: in Overclocking
July 26, 2011 8:56:46 AM

Hey,

Im going to be ordering a new system, and my current system is hot it heats up my room and its crazy its a like a heater. I want my new build to be significantly cooler. What are some good cooling setups and what are the factors that make a system get so hot. Alright thanks!

DKt3

More about : cooling fans heatsinks

a c 241 K Overclocking
July 26, 2011 12:39:01 PM

Many good cooling aftermarket, you know it's depend your bugdet, NH-D14, Silver Arrow, anteq kuhler 920, hyper 212+ and other. And find cooler suitable fit on your case. Good luck
m
l
July 26, 2011 12:50:17 PM

As an add on to what heny is saying, the main contributers that make a system heat up are: airflow,cpu clock(the higher the hotter),and the gpu, amongst other things.
m
l
Related resources
July 26, 2011 5:54:45 PM

So I guess my question is now is, Alot of small fans? or a few but big fans? And now that I think about it, is water cooling really worth it...I hear it leaks alot and is sometimes just as cool as fans..
m
l
July 27, 2011 12:09:44 AM

Dkt3 said:
So I guess my question is now is, Alot of small fans? or a few but big fans? And now that I think about it, is water cooling really worth it...I hear it leaks alot and is sometimes just as cool as fans..

Bigger fans are quieter but generally spin at lesser rpm for the same cfm. low end water cooling is no better and sometimes worse than mid to high end air cooling plus has maintenance concerns. Get a good case with a decent heat sink and you'll be ok. It will also depend on what you are doing. Are you going to heavily OC a Bloomfield? Then you better go high end. Are you going with Sandybridge with a mild or no OC? Then go stock or budget aftermarket. OC'ing a 2500K or 2600K? Then go mid range and you'll be fine as long as your OC is reasonable.
m
l
!