Motherboard and memory compatibility

ezio_creed

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
I have a OCZ obsidian dual channel ddr3 1600 MHZ memory kit(OCZ3OB1600LV4GK) and i want to buy a MA479T Deluxe motherboard . This kit isn´t on the list of of officialy suported memories , has a higher frequency than supported without OC and has really low voltage... Will it be compatible ?
I would like to ask one more question , this one is about crossfire...
I have a pic of this mobo
asus_m4a79t_pcie.jpg

I will have two Saphire HD 5770 to CF , should i place them in the blue slots? Isn´t that a long distance between the cards to CF them?
Greets nuno

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum

That the memory that you have isn't in the list doesn't mean that isn't supported, the mobo manufacturer only test some memories availables on the market.

And finally, for the CF the GPU must be installed on the blue slot as you said, the mobo must have 2 x ASUS CrossFire bridge cables that must be enough for the distance of the blue slots.

ezio_creed

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Yes thank you it comes with two internal crossfire bridged as it´s listed on pixmania , it should be what you have mentioned
How do i know if they are compatible?
I have posted threads in both the ocz and asus forums and they ignored them...
What if i stick in the modules and they don´t work :/

How do i know if they are compatible?

You don't need worry about this. I have 4GB (2x2GB) Crucial Ballistix Tracer that aren't listed on the mobo's manufacturer (MSI), but work really fine. My RAM aren't listed on the RAM supported list, but till now i don't have any problem with this. How i said up, that the RAM aren't listed in the RAM supported list doesn't mean that this aren't supported. The motherboard manufacturer only test some RAM at diferent frecuency.

Don't worry, the RAM should work fine with your mobo.

+1 As long as you not Trying to add ddr2 ram into ddr3 slots (ect) your fine. Most motherboards dont care if you add low quality ram over high quality or 1600 over 1333. Just as long as is the ram is able to function.

ezio_creed

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
What about the voltage? Do all motherboards support memories with every voltage ? There are 1.65 V ddr3 , 1.35 V ddr3( my case) etc..

---

Yes they supported, but the voltage recomended for a RAM is max 2.0V or less.

TRENDING THREADS